+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Paul Cook

Poet n dint know it SB

Gis a bit a Siegfried sassoon

Eths

Most appointments are short term mate.
    We along with many other clubs seldom go longer than a year wi art a managerial change. My idea would be getting Warnock in to try and do a job with an assistant working alongside him ready to take the reigns the season after.

Perks

I know he's retired but we've heard this before off Warnock. The man lives and breathes football and I believe he has a soft spot for this club.

Another possibility is Mick McCarthy but we'll only know what the clubs intentions are after the meeting tomorrow. If the club is to carry on with the same philosophy then big Mick can certainly be ruled out

Quote Originally Posted by Acido View Post
    Maybe our interest in Cook will have a lot to do with Chesterfield's promotion hopes.
    At Lg one level Id say he might be a good choice, but admittedly hes struggled since leaving the Wigan job when they went down.
    it cudbi Cluffy !!

I know what you're saying SB but I saw him interviewed on TV promoting his theatre appearances, and it seemed very different this time, he said that he was aware he had uturned before, but was adamant that he wouldn't this time because he promised his wife and she'd kill him if he did!

Quote Originally Posted by perkytyke View Post
    I know what you're saying SB but I saw him interviewed on TV promoting his theatre appearances, and it seemed very different this time, he said that he was aware he had uturned before, but was adamant that he wouldn't this time because he promised his wife and she'd kill him if he did!
    I think that reply is for Pass Perks. Post 22 ?

Paul Cook is defiantly on the shortlist of five according to Alan Biggs .

Clearly whilst Chesterfield are involved in the NL play offs this one is going to drag on at least another week .

However if they lose tomorrow at Solihull we may have our man early next week .

Sorry SB you're right it was for P&M.
    Anyway Cook's Chesterfield have gone out now to Solihull, personally I don't think he would be the right choice for us, but what do I know!
    Out of the mentioned candidates I'd prefer Duff.

Quote Originally Posted by perkytyke View Post
    Sorry SB you're right it was for P&M.
    Anyway Cook's Chesterfield have gone out now to Solihull, personally I don't think he would be the right choice for us, but what do I know!
    Out of the mentioned candidates I'd prefer Duff.
    I think personally Duff will probably come across as the stand out candidate but it all depends on whether he will accept the job given the way we operate .

Cook is in a different position in my opinion , he's facing another season in the NL with Chesterfield and may back himself despite possibly having some reservations about the job just to get back in the EFL at a club historically who punch the weight in league one .

If we are turned down by both Duff and Cook , especially Cook then we are in trouble .

Name:  ECF47452-7CD9-4AA8-88A7-7119E3B80A7B.jpg
Views: 194
Size:  15.0 KB

Fingers crossed for Duff then.

Quote Originally Posted by POGGYWELL View Post
    Name:  ECF47452-7CD9-4AA8-88A7-7119E3B80A7B.jpg
Views: 194
Size:  15.0 KB

Fingers crossed for Duff then.
    That's a red flag in my opinion Poggy , anyone who would sooner stay in the NL rather can come to a club who can historically punch the weight in league one and have a solid history in the championship is rather telling .

I suspect the budget this summer may be at the heart of it .

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast