+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Is there a proper press conference today, the 31st ?

Is there a proper press conference today, the 31st ?

According to BBS leader Gally there is a Press Conference today.

Post 141 on "Fans Forum to be live streamed" thread last Saturday 28th May--

"We might put something together for the Supporter's Trust website. Maybe after the Press Conference on Tuesday."

Yes, a Press Conference has taken place with Parekh(with scarf), Jean Cryne and CEO Ahmad taking questions from journalists.
    I've tried to listen to it but sound issues again made it very difficult, this time the questions were audible but answers could hardly be heard.
    The Quay lass wasn't there on the Panel. It was all a bit low key.
    From what I gather from others no new dramatic announcements were made eg Head Coach, apart from what we knew-- JFH and Duff are two of five in the running but not Paul Cook It was confirmed that some players have said they want to leave.

I await drip feed on what was said
    Last edited by SBRed48; 31-05-2022 at 03:43 PM.

Just watched it through links on the BBS.
    The production was again very poor - especially the sound.
    Whoever is employed at the club as the media person either needs sacking or told to up their game sharpish.
    A poor image of the club is being broadcast to the wider world.

As for the conference itself.
    The atmosphere sounded like people having a discussion after they had just come away from attending a funeral.
    Very dour and downbeat.
    We are talking sport and entertainment here.
    Therefore it needs a certain amount of zip and RRRooooaaarr !!!
    What it dosent need is 3 representatives of the club looking downbeat.
    I think the role of generating enthusiasm has to fall to the CEO.
    But he failed to deliver.
    (Ben Mansford was the man for this job)

So in conclusion - a poor media presentation with 3 representatives of the club looking miserable.
    Not the greatest of sales pitch.

Video Looked like it had been knocked up by Max from Corrie!

Poor Jean looked like she had been forced against her will to appear.
    Big microphones… bought from Del Boy ?

Jean said “I’ve got to do it really” …..

Does this mean that she’s been told “If you don’t play along with the pantomime to get season passes sold we will let the club die?”

I sincerely hope that her love for this club and the memory of Patrick isn’t being used. She seems a nice a lady

i felt for Jean when she became emotional and started ruerrin when a journalist asked if Patrick had been sold a misleading vision for the club by Conway. Her response spoke volumes.
    What an out and out Arseoyle Conway is.

Quote Originally Posted by Jules88 View Post
    Jean said “I’ve got to do it really” …..

Does this mean that she’s been told “If you don’t play along with the pantomime to get season passes sold we will let the club die?”

I sincerely hope that her love for this club and the memory of Patrick isn’t being used. She seems a nice a lady
    When Patrick sold the club before he passed away I'd imagine the last thing he wanted was for his wife to have to get involved five years down the line and with the club in a tailspin .

The contempt I have for Lee and PMG is indescribable .

Quote Originally Posted by animallittle3 View Post
    When Patrick sold the club before he passed away I'd imagine the last thing he wanted was for his wife to have to get involved five years down the line and with the club in a tailspin .

The contempt I have for Lee and PMG is indescribable .
    I think same applies to James.
    Patrick said a few times that his son did not (or was it, might not) have the passion he had for for football.
    Someone just said to me - it dosent matter that the conference didn’t express much outward enthusiasm - that the main thing is that there was a good mix of people who were wanting the best for the club.

Quote Originally Posted by Young_Nudger View Post
    Just watched it through links on the BBS.
    The production was again very poor - especially the sound.
    Whoever is employed at the club as the media person either needs sacking or told to up their game sharpish.
    A poor image of the club is being broadcast to the wider world.

As for the conference itself.
    The atmosphere sounded like people having a discussion after they had just come away from attending a funeral.
    Very dour and downbeat.
    We are talking sport and entertainment here.
    Therefore it needs a certain amount of zip and RRRooooaaarr !!!
    What it dosent need is 3 representatives of the club looking downbeat.
    I think the role of generating enthusiasm has to fall to the CEO.
    But he failed to deliver.
    (Ben Mansford was the man for this job)

So in conclusion - a poor media presentation with 3 representatives of the club looking miserable.
    Not the greatest of sales pitch.
    Tha could either have bullsh1t Ben spouting off a load of unrealistic rabble or straight talk. I know which I prefer. It's quite obvious that the club is in dire straights financial wise. PMG have run us into the ground as I and a few other posters on here have constantly preached over the last 12 months. Rebuilding their (PMG) mess int gonna happen overnight. The new people at the helm can only do so much. Next season is still all about stability as far as I'm concerned. Mid table with steady progress on the pitch will do me. Owt else is a bonus.

Parekh clearly stated that the club will have to sell to cover the shortfall. Again, it was as obvious as the size of Poyas snout. Khaled also mentioned the transfer budget and the fact that we were looking at free transfers etc which tells its own story.

This is about survival at the moment. When faced with that prospect then things are going to be low key. However, what's done is done. As Parekh said, it's about the future now.

Interesting to hear Jean Cryne speak and her emotion was absolutely understandable. Full credit to her.

Chien Lee is still the majority shareholder unfortunately. However, with the club on a current poor financial footing it could well lead to another cash injection from the shareholders and as Parekh pointed art, if they don't cough up(participate) then their shares will be diluted. We all know that the Arseoyle and Mr Ree won't part with any brass so the end of them two is possibly nigh. A dunt know abart anyone else but that prospect is music to my ears and was a massive positive I took from this press conference

Quote Originally Posted by pass_and_move View Post
    Tha could either have bullsh1t Ben spouting off a load of unrealistic rabble or straight talk. I know which I prefer. It's quite obvious that the club is in dire straights financial wise. PMG have run us into the ground as I and a few other posters on here have constantly preached over the last 12 months. Rebuilding their (PMG) mess int gonna happen overnight. The new people at the helm can only do so much. Next season is still all about stability as far as I'm concerned. Mid table with steady progress on the pitch will do me. Owt else is a bonus.

Parekh clearly stated that the club will have to sell to cover the shortfall. Again, it was as obvious as the size of Poyas snout. Khaled also mentioned the transfer budget and the fact that we were looking at free transfers etc which tells its own story.

This is about survival at the moment. When faced with that prospect then things are going to be low key. However, what's done is done. As Parekh said, it's about the future now.

Interesting to hear Jean Cryne speak and her emotion was absolutely understandable. Full credit to her.

Chien Lee is still the majority shareholder unfortunately. However, with the club on a current poor financial footing it could well lead to another cash injection from the shareholders and as Parekh pointed art, if they don't cough up(participate) then their shares will be diluted. We all know that the Arseoyle and Mr Ree won't part with any brass so the end of them two is possibly nigh. A dunt know abart anyone else but that prospect is music to my ears and was a massive positive I took from this press conference
    Agree 100 percent Pass. You've got to feel sorry for Jean being thrown into this situation.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast