+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: No Mings in squad

No Mings in squad

Wow has Southgate finally realised that Tyrone Mings isn’t good enough or are going to use he’s not fit enough excuse?

Goalkeepers: Jordan Pickford (Everton), Nick Pope (Burnley), Aaron Ramsdale (Arsenal)

Defenders: Trent Alexander-Arnold (Liverpool), Conor Coady (Wolves), Marc Guehi (Crystal Palace), Reece James (Chelsea), James Justin (Leicester), Harry Maguire (Man Utd), John Stones (Man City), Fikayo Tomori (AC Milan), Kieran Trippier (Newcastle), Kyle Walker (Man City), Ben White (Arsenal)

Midfielders: Jude Bellingham (Borussia Dortmund), Conor Gallagher (Crystal Palace, on loan from Chelsea), Mason Mount (Chelsea), Kalvin Phillips (Leeds), Declan Rice (West Ham), James Ward-Prowse (Southampton)

Forwards: Tammy Abraham (Roma), Jarrod Bowen (West Ham), Phil Foden (Man City), Jack Grealish (Man City), Harry Kane (Tottenham), Bukayo Saka (Arsenal), Raheem Sterling (Man City)
    Last edited by millertop; 24-05-2022 at 07:35 PM.

What happened to picking players on form.Maguire must have been the worst player in the Prem.

[QUOTE=Lolmorgan;40045959]What happened to picking players on form.Maguire must have been the worst player in the Prem.[/QUOTE

Those midfield options look good and there’s a good combination of forwards, both direct & otherwise.

However, half of the outfield players are defenders!

I like Southgate and he’s delivered some good results but that says a lot about his priorities

Good to see Tammy Abraham’s not been forgotten just because he’s moved abroad.

Maguire ffs bin him. Most overrated, overpriced lump of a player I’ve ever seen grace a football shirt.

Well at last Southgate has chosen a defender who has won his league (and been around the top all season), in a league that is renowned for its defending. IMO he should have picked Tomori earlier.

Didn’t even know we were playing though.

Quote Originally Posted by Brin View Post
    Good to see Tammy Abraham’s not been forgotten just because he’s moved abroad.

Maguire ffs bin him. Most overrated, overpriced lump of a player I’ve ever seen grace a football shirt.
    Maybe MT mistyped and it's his brother Timmy

I thought Maguire was outstanding in the last World Cup so that's a bit harsh but he's obviously lost all his form/confidence in the past 4 years.

Maguire has been a massive scapegoat. He’s never let England down, his price tag is nothing that he could do about and Man Utd shipped mrs goals in games where he didn’t play. He is surrounded by poorer, older and slower defenders in that team and gets little to no support from midfield unless matic plays which he hardly did.
    The blame maguire thing is a lazy trope from armchair Man Utd fans. The ones that actually go, love him.

Phillips is in after hardly kicking a ball all season and no Maddison who has been consistently brilliant which is a big suprise to me.

Agreed that Mings is nowhere near good enough. His second touch is usually a tackle because his first is so bad.

[QUOTE=Scum-Triumphant;40046148]Maguire has been a massive scapegoat. He’s never let England down

Maybe not as a reasonably good centre half but as a representative of our nation he certainly has. He's an embarrassment.

[QUOTE=sota;40046918]
    Quote Originally Posted by Scum-Triumphant View Post
    Maguire has been a massive scapegoat. He’s never let England down

Maybe not as a reasonably good centre half but as a representative of our nation he certainly has. He's an embarrassment.

I've been in a packed Wembley during the last Euros when we beat Germany and again when we beat Denmark and over 90k England fans were in adoration of him.

I didn't see anyone refer to him as an embarrassment.

If you are referring to what happened in Greece - There is an argument to say the conviction is nullified
    and the Greek legal system are dragging their heels over the appeal and it will probably never happen.

Would you say the same about Gerrard? The CCTV of him whacking that lad in the bar was likened to the skill of a pro boxer.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast