+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Bye Sam

Bye Sam

Quote Originally Posted by phild View Post

No great loss whatsoever as he was very poor this season. Still can’t command his box and a poor second to Pope of Burnley!

He will be found out for sure!!!

So what?

Other than not cashing in when we should’ve done that is!

I for one think he’s been great for us, along with with the England Manager and coaches. Also Ben Foster has praised him today.
    I will take there opinions rather than anyone on here . Who even when he played for England never got praise from some of you.

He was one of the worst keepers we’ve ever had for commanding his box, his distribution was worse than Hermes and his decision making made Boris look like a genius.

Other than that he was brilliant.

Not fit to lace the boots of Osbourne, Godden, Kuscjack, Hoult or Foster.

Quote Originally Posted by mickd1961 View Post
    He was one of the worst keepers we’ve ever had for commanding his box, his distribution was worse than Hermes and his decision making made Boris look like a genius.

Other than that he was brilliant.

Not fit to lace the boots of Osbourne, Godden, Kuscjack, Hoult or Foster.

Very well summed up! Being in the England squad says Jack s hit! Livermore was in the England squad and he's s hite and been s hite for a long long time!

Maguire is in the England Squad and the majority of Man Utd supporters think he's a complete liability for his club too!

I try to be honest in my assessment of Johnstone. At first I thought that he was a good shot stopper but the rest of his game needed improvement. He then had an excellent season in the Premier and I altered my opinion of him. However, this season he has been very ordinary and I can't really see him being a first choice 'keeper at a top club. I have to agree with al and would put him behind the likes of Foster, Hoult, Osborne, Godden etc. Without being disparaging to him, I don't see him as a great loss.

Certainly not at his best for us this season and should have sold him while we could still get something for him. Agree with Mick and others that despite his international credentials he doesn't come close to keepers like Osborne, Godden or Foster. His command of his box and distribution were too often poor but there were also several times in the past when his shot stopping prowess kept us in games and helped us get points on the board so will remember him for that.

I personally think some of you should look in the mirror, people in the business who know more about football than any one of us sore Sam as a top keeper. You lot look at him and see Villa. He Got us to the premiership he played for England and now he’s left.
    To be honest I’m glad he’s now left because now some of you won’t have him to scapegoat. So you’ll probably go back to Livermore another international you love scapegoating.
    Think of me what you want but I only do what a good supporter of any club will do that is SUPPORT.
    As for Bruce not my choice but will get behind him until he’s had a transfer window to put other managers mistakes right.

Have to apologise to mick as it was he and not al who first stated that Johnstone was behind Foster, Hoult, Osborne, Godden etc. although al did agree with him. My mistake.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)