+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Thread: What is it with Americans and guns!

What is it with Americans and guns!

I get that you cannot dis-invent the wheel but common sense says that the more guns you have in circulation the higher the risk factor of people being killed or injured by them. The stats themselves make interesting reading as most gun related deaths in the US are actually suicides whilst the percentage of those involving children are scarily high. I get that in some situations you might want a gun for self defence and I get that there are many there who still want to use them for hunting but why the NRA lobby is so well supported and why they don't seem to want to make the purchasing of firearms-and particularly semi automatic ones- far more regulated and tougher is beyond me. They can't all be stupid red neck GOPs surely? No wonder Biden is so frustrated with these people. Just how many more innocent children need to be shot before restrictions can be brought in? (Mind you this is the nation where several states are now making abortions illegal and religious conservatism across the Bible belt is on the rise again)

Amongst all the cries for gun control from the likes of Biden and Obama my favourite GOP nutter and Trump acolyte, Marjorie Taylor- Greene tweets : "we don't need gun control, we need a return to God". Maybe Boris/Sunak/Rees-Mogg/Raynor/Abbott et al aren't so bad after all....

I’ve long felt the same, the more guns you have in easy circulation the more deaths you’re going to have.

Our murder rate in the U.K. is minuscule compared to The States.

Using a gun is too easy, it’s not like having to physically attack someone with a knife or your bare hands.

I’ve been so hot headed in my lifetime I’ve recently asked myself how many times I might have reached for a gun during the last 50 years to get back at someone or even to do myself in when things have been bad.

Putting guns at such easy reach of the moron, the big mouth, the hot head and the depressed is not a good idea.

Due to the Yanks being so indoctrinated with their amendment rights this is never going to change over there.

Quote Originally Posted by Omegstrat6 View Post
    Amongst all the cries for gun control from the likes of Biden and Obama my favourite GOP nutter and Trump acolyte, Marjorie Taylor- Greene tweets : "we don't need gun control, we need a return to God". Maybe Boris/Sunak/Rees-Mogg/Raynor/Abbott et al aren't so bad after all....
    No. They are bad. Actually they are terrible. Liars, liars and more lieing....
    Very deceitful leaders and openingly brazen about it.
    So when they apologise....they are openly lieing to you the electorate. But that's probably acceptable by the majority of voters.
    It's true...the voters get the type of politicians they deserve...
    LIARS!!!!

A good friend of mine used to live in Massachusetts and I once asked him if he had a gun, he replied that he didn’t because the vast majority of people in the USA who get shot own a gun themselves. My friend is no longer with us but he didn’t lose his life to a gun.

It's their constitutional right to own a gun. But this is surely an outdated law, dating from the day's of the frontier, revolution, outlaws and Indians?
    As for guns for hunting, that's an outdated pastime as well. It's much more manly to shoot a bear or mountain lion with a camera than with a high powered rifle.

It would be a start if individuals were restricted to own only a handgun. What does any law abiding citizen need with a semi automatic rifle? To go duck shooting!!

Can't some loner from the US go blow Putin's head off and place it on a stick and then a positive might be found for guns! In the States in April I was asked 2/3 times to show ID for alcohol for f uck sake!!! Different though if an 18 year old wants to buy a couple of machine guns!

Crazy!

Americans really are a strange bunch, a constitution document signed over 200 years ago could never have been made with much foresight let alone 200 years worth. Kids get massacred and have to train for moments like this which must cause them anxiety on a daily basis that they'll be next, yet "it's our constitutional right" - weird.

In America you can buy a handheld grenade launcher - mental!

Quote Originally Posted by WBA1955 View Post
    It's their constitutional right to own a gun. But this is surely an outdated law, dating from the day's of the frontier, revolution, outlaws and Indians?
    As for guns for hunting, that's an outdated pastime as well. It's much more manly to shoot a bear or mountain lion with a camera than with a high powered rifle.
    As part of Her Majesty the Queens' Platinum Jubilee celebrations, 'Lizbeth is planning a full scale invasion of the United States of America to reclaim her long lost former territories.

Once this has been achieved she will set about curing America of its obesity problem by providing sugar based confectioners in most if not all major retailers.

Yours, Fox News.

As Al' would say 'you couldn't make it up'. But you can because that's the mindset you're dealing with when one way communicating with a redneck.

They make it up as they go along to suit their own agenda. The irony of a country that wants to save lives by banning abortions and allowing sections of the community to arm themselves to the teeth.

Boom.

Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)