+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: What is it with Americans and guns!

Quote Originally Posted by Albionic68 View Post
    As part of Her Majesty the Queens' Platinum Jubilee celebrations, 'Lizbeth is planning a full scale invasion of the United States of America to reclaim her long lost former territories.

Once this has been achieved she will set about curing America of its obesity problem by providing sugar based confectioners in most if not all major retailers.

Yours, Fox News.

As Al' would say 'you couldn't make it up'. But you can because that's the mindset you're dealing with when one way communicating with a redneck.

They make it up as they go along to suit their own agenda. The irony of a country that wants to save lives by banning abortions and allowing sections of the community to arm themselves to the teeth.

Boom.
    Not one coherent brain cell between them. I truly despair.

Americans started owning guns as a need for protection in opening up the wild west. Its a different culture. We are from the standpoint of not having them and trying to prevent it growing here. In the States it was almost every family had them so its about removing something well established. I agree something should be done now but nothing is ever that easy. I personally would love to see some drastic action. The whole culture would have to buy into it. In time maybe.

Maybe they feel that they will need all those guns when the Chinese invade……………!

Quote Originally Posted by kettering_baggie View Post
    Maybe they feel that they will need all those guns when the Chinese invade……………!

Didn’t the drug dealing thug called Floyd point a gun at a pregnant woman’s stomach? Now some in this country think he’s a hero with footballers taking the knee bollox. Many in this country are loco like this nutter! You can’t make it up!

Bending over for rainbow laces will be next!

You will find that opening your borders while disarming your people was a historic error with tragic consequences.

Quote Originally Posted by Robus View Post
    You will find that opening your borders while disarming your people was a historic error with tragic consequences.
    If you are American, surely you must be aware that arming your people already has had tragic consequences.

Since 2009, the USA have had 288 mass shootings in schools. In the same time in the UK we have had none. We have many failings as a country, thankfully this is not one of them.

I know which country I'd rather my kids go to school in.

Quote Originally Posted by WBA123 View Post
    If you are American, surely you must be aware that arming your people already has had tragic consequences.

Since 2009, the USA have had 288 mass shootings in schools. In the same time in the UK we have had none. We have many failings as a country, thankfully this is not one of them.

I know which country I'd rather my kids go to school in.
    We often don't have similar political views 123 but you are absolutely spot on with the above comment. Surely anyone with an ounce of common sense would agree.

There are 45 million English, roughly. In 2020, you let in 800,000. In 2021, 1 million. They do no share your values and identity, and never will. London is no longer an English city. You are shamed for waiving the Union Jack. There is no common sense in what you are doing. Your ancestors defended your island against all comers. You have handed over the keys.

Quote Originally Posted by Robus View Post
    There are 45 million English, roughly. In 2020, you let in 800,000. In 2021, 1 million. They do no share your values and identity, and never will. London is no longer an English city. You are shamed for waiving the Union Jack. There is no common sense in what you are doing. Your ancestors defended your island against all comers. You have handed over the keys.
    I'd be super interested to know a) where you're based and b) where you get your figures from.

Brexit has pushed European immigration down since 2016, and I don't recall ever seeing a figure of 1m being thrown about. And I would argue we share many values with our fellow Europeans, which is why Brexit is such a shame.

I don't know anyone, or have ever myself, been shamed for waiving the Union Jack. How many times have you been to London? Because I live here, it is very much an English city with rich culture from the many people from different backgrounds and heritage who live here. Our national dish is an Indian curry.

But flipping it back to you as you talk about 'common sense'. I have no idea why any sane person would consider it a good idea to have unfettered access to guns. I have my values and identity, they include keeping children safe at school. It includes feeling safe when I walk into a supermarket or down the street. I can't quite understand your logic, nor many millions of Americans who think more access to guns is the solution. as

Quote Originally Posted by Leicesterbaggie View Post
    We often don't have similar political views 123 but you are absolutely spot on with the above comment. Surely anyone with an ounce of common sense would agree.
    You would think so. I noticed Nigel Farage and Boris Johnson don't agree with us though. Both have called for more access to gun ownership in the UK in the last 10 years. Its scary these people are still given any credibility.

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)