+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 29 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Retained list and transfer targets

Retained list and transfer targets

What do we need for next season? Warne will have to sort the retained list quickly, for me players to be released as follows:
    Mattock
    Wood
    McDonald
    Ladapo
    Miller
    Cooper
    New deals offered to out of contract players as follows:
    Smith
    Iheikwe
    Hull
    Chapman
    Extentions triggered for: (if they will not sign longer deals)
    Johansson
    Lindsey
    Ogbene

We then need for next season as follows:
    Two centre halves, a left back/wing back a winger and a striker maybe two more strikers if Smith goes and Kayode is loaned to league 1

A few names been mentioned if Smith leaves but I will add in Carlton Morris at Barnsley as an ideal replacement experience at Championship level and known to Warne

Also think we may lose Ogbene and or Wiles both will attract attention and bids. Forgot to add if Warne thinks he can get Vaulks then let Lindsay go

Yes there's a lot to do in a short time HPR.We have some very talented players here at the right age and there will no doubt be speculation on certain players.We may lose one but if the chairman is true to his word as he promised "substantial investment will be availabe if we get back to the Championship",we should be able to offer improved contracts to the ones we want to keep.I'm not too sure Carlton Morris would be right ,likewise I'm not entirely convinced keeping Grigg would be a good idea.We must take advantage of these next few weeks preparing for incoming signings now we have secured automatic promotion and not by the playoffs.

Carlton Morris? 5-goals-a-season-man.

Tony says we have learned by our mistakes, Chill out guys and leave it to the professionals.

Quote Originally Posted by MillerBill View Post
    Yes there's a lot to do in a short time HPR.We have some very talented players here at the right age and there will no doubt be speculation on certain players.We may lose one but if the chairman is true to his word as he promised "substantial investment will be availabe if we get back to the Championship",we should be able to offer improved contracts to the ones we want to keep.I'm not too sure Carlton Morris would be right ,likewise I'm not entirely convinced keeping Grigg would be a good idea.We must take advantage of these next few weeks preparing for incoming signings now we have secured automatic promotion and not by the playoffs.
    We dont do things the easy way millerbill, you will have noticed that over the last 6 weeks or so.

Quote Originally Posted by Archiemiller View Post
    Tony says we have learned by our mistakes, Chill out guys and leave it to the professionals.
    Yes indeed, check out the menu before you buy the meal

Quote Originally Posted by Archiemiller View Post
    .......that long playing record's out again stuck on, ''we have learned by our mistakes''. Can someone give the record player a kick and move it on a bit, cheers.

Quote Originally Posted by HensonsPRman View Post
    What do we need for next season? Warne will have to sort the retained list quickly, for me players to be released as follows:
    Mattock
    Wood
    McDonald
    Ladapo
    Miller
    Cooper
    New deals offered to out of contract players as follows:
    Smith
    Iheikwe
    Hull
    Chapman
    Extentions triggered for: (if they will not sign longer deals)
    Johansson
    Lindsey
    Ogbene

We then need for next season as follows:
    Two centre halves, a left back/wing back a winger and a striker maybe two more strikers if Smith goes and Kayode is loaned to league 1

A few names been mentioned if Smith leaves but I will add in Carlton Morris at Barnsley as an ideal replacement experience at Championship level and known to Warne
    Wow! You'd let Miller go?
    Wood will be staying and Will Grigg will be signing a deal.
    I certainly wouldn't be surprised to see MacDonald playing a major role next season.

Quote Originally Posted by frogmiller View Post
    Wow! You'd let Miller go?
    Wood will be staying and Will Grigg will be signing a deal.
    I certainly wouldn't be surprised to see MacDonald playing a major role next season.
    Miller is great but if he keeps picking injuries up then how many games will he play, needs thinking about but I do like him

Page 1 of 29 12311 ... LastLast