+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Vincent Kompany

Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post
    Eddie Howe somehow persuaded Citeh to sell him Mee & Trippier for a combined fee of £500,000. He knows what he is doing does our Eddie! Shame the b@stard has the integrity of the beautiful game at heart and could not bring himself to chuck last Sunday's game.
    He had a good eye for potential talent id Eddie, If he leaves Newcastle it may be a good move for us to offer him the job of head of player recruitment, which could do and still live in Bournemouth.

Quote Originally Posted by Vintage Claret View Post
    He had a good eye for potential talent id Eddie, If he leaves Newcastle it may be a good move for us to offer him the job of head of player recruitment, which could do and still live in Bournemouth.
    Are we going to pay him in washers? We ain't got no money Vintage..

Quote Originally Posted by barrie_burn View Post
    I doubt very much that Howe thought he would have a long stay in Newcastle.He was brought in to do a job and he did it and he will leave with a very nice pay off and go back to live in Bournemouth.
    I agree Barrie, Eddie is very much a home bird, if this had been a long term job I doubt he'd have took it on.

Quote Originally Posted by Swissclaret View Post

I prefer to see how it all develops rather than all the sensationalist doom and gloom of some contributors
    This is most unfair Swiss, I assume I am one of the gloomsters you are not happy about, but I was perfectly relaxed about a return to the Championship, I prefer it to the Premier League, until I read the Annual Report. And that is where I've got my sensationalist doom and gloom from. It's not me saying we have to sell players to make ends meet, it's not me that says if not enough money is raised we'll sell more players, it's not me that says we have to pay off a significant part of the £65 million loan, it's not me pointing out that there will be a significant reduction in turnover, despite parachute payments, it's not me that says there will have to be a significant reduction in wages and salaries, none of this is my doing, it's all in the Annual Report.

And the author of this sensationalist doom and gloom in the Annual Report....,,,,,,,,,,,.......Mr Alan Pace.

Quote Originally Posted by alfinyalcabo View Post
    Are we going to pay him in washers? We ain't got no money Vintage..
    You an't got any money ?.
    Well as Victor Meldrew always said, I don't believe it!. 😏
    You might get the City youngster Claudio Gomes on loan, hes just had the season on loan at Burnsley, and we gave him a bunch of flowers when the season ended lol.

It seems like the Kompany appointment is a done deal.

10 out of 10 from me for initiating a fast response to the Turf Moor empty manager's chair crisis.

Looking forward to next season already!

10 out of 10 from me for initiating a fast response to the Turf Moor empty manager's chair crisis.

I hope he brings a bit of peps tactical knowledge and football flair if it’s true.

Whilst he has limited experience in management, you wouldn’t cross him would you ?
    If it’s right as you say BT it lifts a little of the doom and gloom - and my next immediate thought would be - why would he even entertain coming if The situation - loans - funds available etc were in dire straits.

Quote Originally Posted by army88 View Post
    I hope he brings a bit of peps tactical knowledge and football flair if it’s true.

Whilst he has limited experience in management, you wouldn’t cross him would you ?
    If it’s right as you say BT it lifts a little of the doom and gloom - and my next immediate thought would be - why would he even entertain coming if The situation - loans - funds available etc were in dire straits.
    He's probably been told £80 million quidsworth of talent is exiting the building. Pace throws the gauntlet, "Let's see if you are as good as you think you are!"

If its true it will be a first for Burnley,it was inevitable it was going to happen at some time.

Quote Originally Posted by sinkov View Post
    This is most unfair Swiss, I assume I am one of the gloomsters you are not happy about, but I was perfectly relaxed about a return to the Championship, I prefer it to the Premier League, until I read the Annual Report. And that is where I've got my sensationalist doom and gloom from. It's not me saying we have to sell players to make ends meet, it's not me that says if not enough money is raised we'll sell more players, it's not me that says we have to pay off a significant part of the £65 million loan, it's not me pointing out that there will be a significant reduction in turnover, despite parachute payments, it's not me that says there will have to be a significant reduction in wages and salaries, none of this is my doing, it's all in the Annual Report.

And the author of this sensationalist doom and gloom in the Annual Report....,,,,,,,,,,,.......Mr Alan Pace.
    I was not thinking of anyone in particular, sinkov. Pace has been honest about the worst case scenario, as you highlighted.

I have read some posts predicting League 1, administration, going bankrupt. All possibilities, I will admit.

My point is simply that I prefer to see what the outcome will actually be.

Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)