+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Goodbye Ben....and Tarks,Stephens,Bards,Lennon,Pieters.

Goodbye Ben....and Tarks,Stephens,Bards,Lennon,Pieters.

Thanks for the 11 years of service Ben.Despite the odd clanger you are/were one of my favourite players of recent years.Great no nonsense defender with a never say die attitude.Kept us in alot of games with your last minute blocks and headers.Good luck for the future.
    Same as for Tarks.Bardsley enjoy your retirement.
    Good luck to Pieters also and Aaron thanks but time to hang up your boots.

I can remember Ben diving to block the ball with his head, I think it was at Forest, you can't not like a player who'll do that for his team.

Quote Originally Posted by sinkov View Post
    I can remember Ben diving to block the ball with his head, I think it was at Forest, you can't not like a player who'll do that for his team.
    His style funnily enough is probably more suited to the Championship Sinkov.Cannot see him getting a first team place anywhere in the PL.

Quote Originally Posted by sinkov View Post
    I remember blue and white stripes sinkov, perhaps QPR or Reading?

I'm too old to have heroes,but if I did they would include Ben and Tarky.Both wonderful servants for the Clarets and who knows,we may see them back in the future in a supervision role. I wish all the released players the very best with their careers.

Pick the bones out of this lot: Nick Pope, Wayne Hennessey, Bailey Peacock-Farrell, Will Norris, Sam Waller, Matt Lowton, Connor Roberts, Nathan Collins, Kevin Long, Bobby Thomas, Jacob Bedeau, Charlie Taylor, Owen Dodgson, Mark Helm, Adam Phillips, Josh Brownhill, Ashley Westwood, Johann Berg Gudmundsson, Dwight McNeil, Maxwel Cornet, Lewis Richardson, Michael Mellon, Jay Rodriguez and Wout Weghorst.

We already know Weghorst is not going to play, Pope will be sold, Cornet will not be coming back to Burnley, it all looks like a perfect $hitstorm to me!

Quote Originally Posted by alfinyalcabo View Post
    I'm too old to have heroes,but if I did they would include Ben and Tarky.Both wonderful servants for the Clarets and who knows,we may see them back in the future in a supervision role. I wish all the released players the very best with their careers.
    The way Pace is going Alfie there won't be a club to come back too!

Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post
    Pick the bones out of this lot: Nick Pope, Wayne Hennessey, Bailey Peacock-Farrell, Will Norris, Sam Waller, Matt Lowton, Connor Roberts, Nathan Collins, Kevin Long, Bobby Thomas, Jacob Bedeau, Charlie Taylor, Owen Dodgson, Mark Helm, Adam Phillips, Josh Brownhill, Ashley Westwood, Johann Berg Gudmundsson, Dwight McNeil, Maxwel Cornet, Lewis Richardson, Michael Mellon, Jay Rodriguez and Wout Weghorst.

We already know Weghorst is not going to play, Pope will be sold, Cornet will not be coming back to Burnley, it all looks like a perfect $hitstorm to me!
    It is looking grim BT.Looks like we need to start researching for a manager also.I cannot see us returning to the PL for another 30 years.We are fecked financially.Thanks Garlick-if I remember it went something like:-
    "Any potential investment needs to support the club’s long-term sustainability and retain its position as a cornerstone of the local community.
    "As custodian, you would expect nothing less from me and so, any final decision will only be made once we are satisfied all criteria have been met."

Billy Bull.... springs to mind.
    Last edited by ClaretinBudapest; 10-06-2022 at 07:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post
    The way Pace is going Alfie there won't be a club to come back too!
    It's looking that way BT..

Whether or not we will ever make it back to the PL is a moot point.

We would not do it with the squad that we had. Too many were past their best, even for the Championship.

Ben Mee is a massive loss both on and off the pitch. He has given great service to the club.

Despite the worst fears of many, Burnley FC will not disappear. A creditor owed £65 million does not force a club into bankruptcy and settle for 5p in the pound! The debt, thanks again Garlick, will be re-negotiated.

Let’s face reality, Burnley is not a PL club and, absent billionaire owners, never will be. We have had a good ride over the years. We peaked in the season that we qualified for Europe. Since then it has been a steady decline.

There has to be a rebuilding job based upon limited resources. If we can hang on to a few good players that will be a good starting point. Nathan Collins did not cost the earth. Maybe we can find a few gems like him and Roberts who are affordable.

A defensive unit of Hennessy, Roberts, Collins and Taylor is not a bad start.Even Long might get a game!

Barnes, JayRod and Vydra might trouble a few defences in the Championship. Not all doom and gloom.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)