+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 16 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: US Gun Laws?

The US rifle/gun industry sold nearly 20m guns in America last year alone, earning itself tens of billions of dollars: this is in the wake of the mass shootings at Columbine, and at Virginia Tech, and at Sandy Hook, and at Parkland, in Las Vegas and now Uvalde.

I suppose the NRA with its advocates like Trump and the gun toting Republicans who form the Senate gun lobby, are not going to loosen their grip on billions of dollars of profit, no matter how many innocent schoolkids get slaughtered.

Quote Originally Posted by sinkov View Post
    There are many ways of obtaining guns, besides buying them over the counter. Don't be so naive.
    I wonder who is being naive mon ami?

"There were a total of 45,222 firearm deaths in the US in 2020, an increase of 14% or 5,155 firearm deaths from 2019."

Michael Adebolajo, one of Lee Rigby's killers, remember that BT ?

"Spent the night before the murder in a drug den"
    "started dabbling in drugs and became known to the police"

"Woolwich killers went from drugs and gangs to radical Islam"

It went virtually unreported, but when police went to his house they found it was a cannibis farm. Right wing nut jobs, ialamic extremists, it makes no difference, they all have the same thing in common. Can you see pattern yet BT, has any light permeated the darkness ?

No, thought not.

You are confusing and/or conflating the issue sinkov.

Are you saying the reported 45,222 firearm deaths in the US in 2020 were attributable to cannabis usage or domestic terrorism or a combination of both?

Or maybe the fact that around 20 million firearms are sold unapologetically in the US annually, might explain the 45,222 firearm deaths in the US in 2020.

Drugs and guns, Christ Almighty that's one toxic and deadly cocktail.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post
    You are confusing and/or conflating the issue sinkov.

Are you saying the reported 45,222 firearm deaths in the US in 2020 were attributable to cannabis usage or domestic terrorism or a combination of both?

Or maybe the fact that around 20 million firearms are sold unapologetically in the US annually, might explain the 45,222 firearm deaths in the US in 2020.

Drugs and guns, Christ Almighty that's one toxic and deadly cocktail.
    1.5m deaths since 1945 by gunshot in the US.
    103.000 via drug overdose last year alone.
    Enough said.

Quote Originally Posted by ClaretinBudapest View Post
    1.5m deaths since 1945 by gunshot in the US.
    103.000 via drug overdose last year alone.
    Enough said.
    And your point CiB is?

These people are not sane, rational beings BT, they are deranged, they do not wake up in a morning and think, 'you know what, guns are readily available, so I'll go and buy one and kill somebody'. The urge/desire to kill someone takes hold first, guns are simply one of the weapons these madmen choose to use. If guns were not available they would use something else.

What needs addressing is the cause of their mental derangement, and it's apparent in every case but rarely mentioned, it's like move along, nothing to see here. You can read Wiki on the Lee Rigby case, it's a very long read, police inquiries and reports, government inquiries and reports, on and on it goes, but nowhere is the drug use of the murderers mentioned, not once. You tell me why not.

These people are not sane, rational beings BT, they are deranged, they do not wake up in a morning and think, 'you know what, guns are readily available, so I'll go and buy one and kill somebody'. The urge/desire to kill someone takes hold first, guns are simply one of the weapons these madmen choose to use. If guns were not available they would use something else.

What needs addressing is the cause of their mental derangement, and it's apparent in every case but rarely mentioned, it's like move along, nothing to see here. You can read Wiki on the Lee Rigby case, it's a very long read, police inquiries and reports, government inquiries and reports, on and on it goes, but nowhere is the drug use of the murderers mentioned, not once. You tell me why not.
    Without researching it in full again sinkov, going back to the Las Vegas massacre in 2017, the dude who had no history of drug abuse, killed 60 people and wounded over 400 with an array of military grade rifle shots.

He's be hard pushed to do that with a machete.

There was never a mention of the shooter being under the influence of drugs.

He was just your average run-of-the-mill US born whack job who could buy assault weapons on virtually every street corner in Nevada.

He shot himself dead.

There's a guy runs a website tracking all these drug fuelled atrocities, those that don't feature drug fuelled nut nut jobs are few and far between. When I get back off my jollies I'll see if I can find a link for you.

There's a guy runs a website tracking all these drug fuelled atrocities, those that don't feature drug fuelled nut nut jobs are few and far between. When I get back off my jollies I'll see if I can find a link for you.
    Stay safe and enjoy the jollies mon ami.

Page 4 of 16 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)