+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 16 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: US Gun Laws?

Question US Gun Laws?

How many more acts of madness will it take for the Yanks to ban assault rifles?

It's not like the Comancheros are still rampaging around, raping and raiding - is it?

So you ban the sale of guns, what's to stop the next drug-crazed lunatic running amok with a machete ?

Quote Originally Posted by sinkov View Post
    So you ban the sale of guns, what's to stop the next drug-crazed lunatic running amok with a machete ?
    A small firearm discharge right between the eyes usually stops a drug-crazed lunatic running amok with a machete dead in their tracks mon ami.

It's the military grade assault weapons the Yanks can buy in their local Walmart store that are constantly killing kids in their schools sinkov.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post
    How many more acts of madness will it take for the Yanks to ban assault rifles?

It's not like the Comancheros are still rampaging around, raping and raiding - is it?
    And the kevlar vests and clothes are totally OTT in a normal society.

Too late,the guns are already out there.

I was appalled when I was in Alaska.Candidates for elections had NRA supporter on their boards and when I visited an afternoon fete mainly for kids the big stand in the centre had guns all out on display which would frighten the life out of most people over here.

A small firearm discharge right between the eyes usually stops a drug-crazed lunatic running amok with a machete dead in their tracks mon ami.

It's the military grade assault weapons the Yanks can buy in their local Walmart store that are constantly killing kids in their schools sinkov.
    I reckon a drug-crazed maniac with a machete can see off quite a few kids before a security guard with a gun turns up mon ami, or are you advocating an armed guard in every classroom ?

Quote Originally Posted by sinkov View Post
    I reckon a drug-crazed maniac with a machete can see off quite a few kids before a security guard with a gun turns up mon ami, or are you advocating an armed guard in every classroom ?
    That's a daft sentence mon ami. A person with evil intent can always find ways to "see off quite a few kids" but an assault rifle certainly speeds up the butchering process.

I have always found it odd that us "lefties" advocate gun control (remember Dunblane?) whilst shall we say the more fascist, right wing inclined Trump/Republican supporters, prefer it so heavily armed whack jobs can run around school campuses slaughtering kids with military grade assault weapons.

I don't get this thought process and never will.

Just read that the 18-year-old gunman who slaughtered 19 children and two teachers at a Texas elementary school barricaded himself inside a single classroom and “began shooting anyone that was in his way”.

A drug-crazed lunatic running amok with a machete would not be able to do that mon ami. Armed with a military style assault weapon he could and he did.

Here in Hungary there is a porter at every school.Surely it would be worthwhile to have safety doors fitted which the porter could activate if he smelt danger from an intruder.It would not be a big investment and could save lives in the long run.Just a thought!
    I was approached about 15 years ago by a gentleman from the town I lived in if there would be any interest in the UK for a special bulletproof glass he had invented.It can stop rounds from a Kalashnikov.At the time I did not think much of it but now he could probably get orders for it.
    Last edited by ClaretinBudapest; 25-05-2022 at 03:48 PM.

That's a daft sentence mon ami. A person with evil intent can always find ways to "see off quite a few kids" but an assault rifle certainly speeds up the butchering process.
    So you're happy for them to be butchered slowly ? I suppose I can see your point, 10 dead kids hacked to death slowly is preferable to 20 blown away in seconds. Personally I'd like to see a more thorough investigation into what's frazzling the minds of these nut-jobs, but you Lefties don't seem to want to go down that road, could it be because the **** blowing their minds is the same **** you would like legalised ?

Page 1 of 16 12311 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)