+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Rose tinted spectacles!

Rose tinted spectacles!

Ok I've got them on and not withstanding they were the better team on the night..the winner was offside , possibly even handball and we should have had a 2nd penalty for handball to make it 2 nil...
    Not even we would have ****ed a 2 nil lead up with 10 mins-ish to go ...!

Quote Originally Posted by PedroTheFisherman66 View Post
    Ok I've got them on and not withstanding they were the better team on the night..the winner was offside , possibly even handball and we should have had a 2nd penalty for handball to make it 2 nil...
    Not even we would have ****ed a 2 nil lead up with 10 mins-ish to go ...!
    Wootton and Sam both should have scored with chances in ET. But we were still the poorer team. We probably would have lost on penalties. We shouldn't have lost to Halifax and Woking from promising late positions. But we probably shouldn't have won at Grimsby away. Ifs and buts....

We need to hope Wrexham go up, as that gives us the best chance of competing for first place next season but there's still a lot needs changing and it's a massive ask.

Better side deservedly won, it's still very disappointing due to the lack of a performance (required) but it softens the blow a little a bit like the Harrogate game as opposed to the Torquay game where I thought we deserved to win.

We should have had another penalty, it does annoy me if they give one penalty for something they won't give another for the same thing. You could get 4 penalties if they're fouls, it doesn't matter and a very poor way to referee.

3 seasons in play off and Notts never turned up in all 3

We turned up against Chesterfield and Torquay and didn't have to against Barnet.

Quote Originally Posted by crazyfists View Post
    We should have had another penalty, it does annoy me if they give one penalty for something they won't give another for the same thing. You could get 4 penalties if they're fouls, it doesn't matter and a very poor way to referee.
    That pisses me off too. Surely the rules of the game should be applied consistently and without regard for what has come before or what might come after. It was exactly the same as the first offence.

I hate this attitude that you can't get two penalties like that. Why not? What do the rules say?

It's like when referees give a stupid penalty and then try and even it up with another one. Just do your job and apply the rules as they are supposed to be applied. A handball stopping a shot that's on target is a foul. If it's in the box, it's a penalty. Simple. It doesn't matter how many times it happens.

Quote Originally Posted by Big Bob View Post
    3 seasons in play off and Notts never turned up in all 3
    Hopefully we don't turn up in next year's play-offs either, because we've won the league!

Quote Originally Posted by slack_pie View Post
    That pisses me off too. Surely the rules of the game should be applied consistently and without regard for what has come before or what might come after. It was exactly the same as the first offence.

I hate this attitude that you can't get two penalties like that. Why not? What do the rules say?

It's like when referees give a stupid penalty and then try and even it up with another one. Just do your job and apply the rules as they are supposed to be applied. A handball stopping a shot that's on target is a foul. If it's in the box, it's a penalty. Simple. It doesn't matter how many times it happens.
    It wasn't quite the same the first one was facing the ball with an outstretched arm the second one was the player turned away having his back to the shot. We have seen them given but if that was against us we would have been screaming it was harsh. imo.

Quote Originally Posted by laddo View Post
    Better side deservedly won, it's still very disappointing due to the lack of a performance (required) but it softens the blow a little a bit like the Harrogate game as opposed to the Torquay game where I thought we deserved to win.
    No Grimsby were not the beter side just more lucky, to be fair both teams were crap

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast