+ Visit Leeds United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Incomings

Quote Originally Posted by hopelesslyoptimistic View Post
    His younger brother Paxton is supposed to be good too - maybe would help having is brother around.

Fulham left back is American and decent too
    Can't see Fulham being prepared to disrupt a promotion-winning squad, we didn't (and I can't see anyone in that squad wanting to leave).

Quote Originally Posted by ozleeds View Post
    If Bamf doesn't look like coming up yeah go for a top striker if he does him and JG is all we need.
    I assume that's a joke, or are u hopelessly optimistic in disguise (and on drugs)?

Quote Originally Posted by UbiqueLUFC33 View Post
    I assume that's a joke, or are u hopelessly optimistic in disguise (and on drugs)?
    Top of the morning to you too 🙃

Wtf's comparison of nketiah's the sniffer Clarke to joffys mick Jones was spot on.

Aaronson's video today - he looks a little lightweight.... I know many greats were, however.

Quote Originally Posted by BelfastAndy View Post
    Aaronson's video today - he looks a little lightweight.... I know many greats were, however.
    Where he will be expected.to play, "lightweight" is not what you want to hear. He's done not a lot in a minor European league, and I he wasn't American we wouldn't be looking at him, never mind signing him.

Same myopic focus as with James, the difference being we don't even have Bielsa to inject a degree of scepticism/realism. Waste of whatever we end up paying.

Lets just hope that he can cope with the Prem, similar build to Hernandez, the rest we wait and see. Would be good to hear or see us " linked " with a physical type striker, as without Bamford, the playing wingers up top game - waste of time.

Quote Originally Posted by bathlad61 View Post
    Lets just hope that he can cope with the Prem, similar build to Hernandez, the rest we wait and see. Would be good to hear or see us " linked " with a physical type striker, as without Bamford, the playing wingers up top game - waste of time.
    I have a feeling that Marsch is going to roll the dice and have Gelhardt and Barndoor Bamford as the 2 strikers in the squad. Just a gut feeling.

What is Aaronsons role likely to be? A Philips replacement? A Rodrigo replacement (not that Rodrigo will be drastically missed)? Surely not a Raphina replacement? A James/Harrison replacement? Or a sub for any of those, (in which case it's a f00king expensive signing!)?

Don't see a close fit for any of those in what he offers, can't see where he fits in.

Quote Originally Posted by bathlad61 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by WTF11 View Post
    What is Aaronsons role likely to be? A Philips replacement? A Rodrigo replacement (not that Rodrigo will be drastically missed)? Surely not a Raphina replacement? A James/Harrison replacement? Or a sub for any of those, (in which case it's a f00king expensive signing!)?

Don't see a close fit for any of those in what he offers, can't see where he fits in.
    He is a number 10, attacking midfielder. A Sammy Saiz replacement. Pablo Hernandez, Tyler Roberts played this position. Roberts isn't good enough and Hernandez isn't here any more. Rodrigo has played this position too. Not sure Rodrigo is going to be around next season. Just not sure.

Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)