+ Visit Leeds United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Outgoings.

What idiotic club would buy such a flog for money?
    In Phillips Raph's situation, I think both will go. The club needs to make money to slowly build a team capable in this league. These 2 are the now for teams reaching for the stars which we are a long way away.

Quote Originally Posted by joellufcprice View Post
    He wouldn't be released would he, what idiotic club would release someone worth money?
    Depends in how much we will be paying him not to play up to the end of an extended and better paid contract. Cut your losses on him, Costa and Casilla and save a bloody fortune (Casilla on £40k/week FFS!). You can only sell if someone wants to buy, and no-one, (including their loan clubs for Casilla and Costa) wants to buy that trio.

Quote Originally Posted by WTF11 View Post
    Depends in how much we will be paying him not to play up to the end of an extended and better paid contract. Cut your losses on him, Costa and Casilla and save a bloody fortune (Casilla on £40k/week FFS!). You can only sell if someone wants to buy, and no-one, (including their loan clubs for Casilla and Costa) wants to buy that trio.
    The thing is they can pay out the contracts but still goes on the wage bill for the season which can affect incomings. On the other hand if by some miracle someone buys them well it releases that wage hindrance.

Quote Originally Posted by ozleeds View Post
    The thing is they can pay out the contracts but still goes on the wage bill for the season which can affect incomings. On the other hand if by some miracle someone buys them well it releases that wage hindrance.
    Where there is a will tgere us a way, it's called negotiation.

Quote Originally Posted by WTF11 View Post
    Where there is a will tgere us a way, it's called negotiation.
    As an example;

https://www.footballfancast.com/leed...premier-league

I would genuinely rather see Costa, Roberts and the Clown all be released for free than pollute the 1st Team squad with their underwhelming mediocrity.

Quote Originally Posted by UbiqueLUFC33 View Post
    I would genuinely rather see Costa, Roberts and the Clown all be released for free than pollute the 1st Team squad with their underwhelming mediocrity.
    What he said.

Quote Originally Posted by joellufcprice View Post
    Really hope we don't lose Phillips and Raphinha, one to me is bad enough but to lose both would signal this club has no intent to push on and is just here to be profitable.

Give them both big contracts, release clauses if we finish outside Europe and make them want to stay by showing them we are going to push up the table.

If Phillips leaves in particular it will give me little to no hope for next season being anything other than a struggle, a local homegrown lad who has said publically he wants to be here then turning round and leaving would just show me he has no hope we are going anywhere.
    For me they will both go to the highest bidder. Think the club wants to cash in on the pair of them - Kalv has stated he expects to stay at least until the end of his contract - and is hoping to get a new deal soon - the response from the club? zilch/nada the silence is deafening, they want the £60 million plus, the same for Rapha IMO to fund a new squad - without having to dip into their own pockets or spend all the TV money coming their way.
    No real surprise with Rapha, but Phillips?? Kalvin will go to City and quadruple his salary at a stroke given he doesn't seem to be wanted here, so who could blame him?

Saddly I am convinced this will certainly happen, despite Philips stating he wants to stay - nothing from the club, it can't be hard to negotiate a deal with a guy who wants to stay - but it hasn't happened, and he is an England International on £38k per week

Quote Originally Posted by Tichi1 View Post
    For me they will both go to the highest bidder. Think the club wants to cash in on the pair of them - Kalv has stated he expects to stay at least until the end of his contract - and is hoping to get a new deal soon - the response from the club? zilch/nada the silence is deafening, they want the £60 million plus, the same for Rapha IMO to fund a new squad - without having to dip into their own pockets or spend all the TV money coming their way.
    No real surprise with Rapha, but Phillips?? Kalvin will go to City and quadruple his salary at a stroke given he doesn't seem to be wanted here, so who could blame him?

Saddly I am convinced this will certainly happen, despite Philips stating he wants to stay - nothing from the club, it can't be hard to negotiate a deal with a guy who wants to stay - but it hasn't happened, and he is an England International on £38k per week
    Agree 100% Tichi.

Quote Originally Posted by Tichi1 View Post

Sadly I have to agree, and more evidence (if it was needed) of the depths of selfishness our board are prepared to plumb.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)