+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: If IB goes , do we get compensation ?

Can't remember Notts getting compensation for any manager as we usually sack them perhaps Sir Jimmy or Capt Wilko

Quote Originally Posted by DaveSmithRules View Post
    Pretty sure it will be a first for Notts if we do get compensation for him lraving. Although we should have got it for Big Sam.
    Didn't the FA find them guilty, & give themselves a nice pay day?

Quote Originally Posted by irishpete View Post
    Didn't the FA find them guilty, & give themselves a nice pay day?

£50,000 springs to mind, but as you say it went to the FA, not to us.

I've been wanting compensation for about 40 years for being a Notts fan and not following Derby like my old man or F@#$#T like my sister.

Where do I apply?

Quote Originally Posted by Another one View Post
    I've been wanting compensation for about 40 years for being a Notts fan and not following Derby like my old man or F@#$#T like my sister.

Where do I apply?
    You can't have any, you can't even get any free therapy. Unfortunately you made your choice and now you are destined for eternity to have a miserable football supporting life, but with the added benefit of being allowed to be grumpy as you get older.

Quote Originally Posted by Another one View Post

Where do I apply?
    Mapperley Hospital ? [one for the old uns.]

Quote Originally Posted by laddo View Post
    Strong talk of a Notts manager being poached? Compensation being received by the club? Not bad for a PE Teacher

It's usually Notts who are paying the compensation to bring in a manager. Enter one Harry Kewell..... Only to then be handsomely paid off just over 2 months later. Great piece of business that!

Ahhhh the 'Chaos Era' at Meadow Lane, what fun
    Yes for once i agree with you, total madness sacking Nolan after 5 matches, and then paying a huge fee for Kewel, not that Kewel even had a good track record as manager
    Look at Mansfield did,nt they lose 7 or 8 on the bounce , and were in the bottom 2 or 3 with Clough earlier in the season , how things changed there

Quote Originally Posted by Davy500 View Post
    Yes for once i agree with you, total madness sacking Nolan after 5 matches, and then paying a huge fee for Kewel, not that Kewel even had a good track record as manager
    Look at Mansfield did,nt they lose 7 or 8 on the bounce , and were in the bottom 2 or 3 with Clough earlier in the season , how things changed there
    I'd rather you didn't tbh Only joking, crazy to sack Nolan so soon, crazy to pay compensation for Kewell and crazy to sack him soon afterwards. But none of it surprisinging it was after all the 'Chaos Era'.

Not sure we are near the stage where we can be comparing Nolan with Clough other than starting a season surprisingly very poorly.

Nolan lost the plot as soon as Yates went in the Jan.

It wasnt 5/6 games it was over half a season we were tanking.

I wouldnt want him back no chance.

Quote Originally Posted by legs77 View Post
    Nolan lost the plot as soon as Yates went in the Jan.

It wasnt 5/6 games it was over half a season we were tanking.

I wouldnt want him back no chance.
    Thats my exact point you should judge over a season, you yourself said he lost the plot from January, mostly to things beyond his controll, yes yates a big loss, the striker from Derby injured, and the main reason Hardy thinking as we were already in the top 3, he could get away without spending in the January transfer window, shame he did not put all the money he later wasted on managers into the squad then and League one was his

When the new season started it was based just on the 5 matches, its this kind of silly attitude that lead us to the non league. I remember mentioning no names a certain individual said he never watch Notts again whilst Nolan was in charge, yet sings IB praises constantly- sheer delusion
    As for me i would take Nolan any day off the week above IB, he was more successfull at a higher level - simpe as

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast