+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: If IB goes , do we get compensation ?

Why "no names" why would the "certain individual" mind? I wonder who that was.

We know you would take Nolan over IB, over anyone back to Cotterill I assume?

But he was sacked by then chairman and owner Alan Hardy, and yet you still blame the owner for any part of the relegation. Notwithstanding the signing and compensation for Kewell, the sacking of Kewell shortly after and the handpicked appointment of Ardley.

We lived in crazy times folks , crazy times#chaosera

Quote Originally Posted by Davy500 View Post
    Thats my exact point you should judge over a season, you yourself said he lost the plot from January, mostly to things beyond his controll, yes yates a big loss, the striker from Derby injured, and the main reason Hardy thinking as we were already in the top 3, he could get away without spending in the January transfer window, shame he did not put all the money he later wasted on managers into the squad then and League one was his

When the new season started it was based just on the 5 matches, its this kind of silly attitude that lead us to the non league. I remember mentioning no names a certain individual said he never watch Notts again whilst Nolan was in charge, yet sings IB praises constantly- sheer delusion
    As for me i would take Nolan any day off the week above IB, he was more successfull at a higher level - simpe as
    That is fair enough but I dont think he was sacked for on field results only.

Quote Originally Posted by laddo View Post
    Why "no names" why would the "certain individual" mind? I wonder who that was.

We know you would take Nolan over IB, over anyone back to Cotterill I assume?

But he was sacked by then chairman and owner Alan Hardy, and yet you still blame the owner for any part of the relegation. Notwithstanding the signing and compensation for Kewell, the sacking of Kewell shortly after and the handpicked appointment of Ardley.

We lived in crazy times folks , crazy times#chaosera
    Actually there was a few other Managers i would never have sacked,Curle, martin allan, Monitz ..

The worst thing Hardy did was blow so much money on all that manager go around- when it would have been better spent on players. Looking back i dont think Hardy ever got over the farce of the play off defeat to Coventry, he seemed to turn into a loose cannon after that, even despite of all this kewell and later Ardley are professional managers that should have been able to outwit an inexperienced Campbell at an even more troubled club than us

Quote Originally Posted by Davy500 View Post
    Nolan was more successfull at a higher level - simple as
    True dat. Whilst not advocating Nolo's return, given his preferred ''style'' of fitba, would he be any less equipped than IB to get us out of this gawd awful League?

Forts..............

Quote Originally Posted by countygump View Post
    True dat. Whilst not advocating Nolo's return, given his preferred ''style'' of fitba, would he be any less equipped than IB to get us out of this gawd awful League?

Forts..............
    Under these owners, probably not.

Dunno if to feel resigned or relieved if Burch stays,

If he goes, chances are we'll end up with somebody worse or, if similar, you're still back to square one needing to give them time with all of the ready made excuses for another underwhelming campaign.
    If he stays then I can see a repeat of Ardley's 2nd season at this level when he was eventually sacked.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123