+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: If IB goes , do we get compensation ?

If IB goes , do we get compensation ?

i know there is an IB thread already about him leaving, but i thought this is a different slant on whether he just leaves.

If he does go , (I hope he doesn't I would like him to finish building what he started) do we get compensation for losing his services , after all he was on a 4 year contract I believe ?

If IB goes and we get compensation, I can't say I'd be disappointed.

We certainly should get compensation. Whatever you think of his abilities, he's on a long-term contract and shouldn't be poached by another club for peanuts.

Quote Originally Posted by PedroTheFisherman66 View Post
    i know there is an IB thread already about him leaving, but i thought this is a different slant on whether he just leaves.

If he does go , (I hope he doesn't I would like him to finish building what he started) do we get compensation for losing his services , after all he was on a 4 year contract I believe ?
    Not bothered about compensation as long as he goes.

If IB does decide to depart for FGR, we should get some compensation.

However, if IB decides to resign and then join FGR (sticking the proverbial finger up at Notts in the process, similarly to what FGR's previous manager recently did to them), we would receive no compensation.

I also believe any compensation would be based upon a combination of IB's wage, the length remaining on his contract and any compensation clause agreed upon the initial signing of his contract.

At least that's what I can gather from terminating many player contracts on football manager, such a reliable source I know.

Quote Originally Posted by BCnotts18 View Post
    If IB does decide to depart for FGR, we should get some compensation.

However, if IB decides to resign and then join FGR (sticking the proverbial finger up at Notts in the process, similarly to what FGR's previous manager recently did to them), we would receive no compensation.

I also believe any compensation would be based upon a combination of IB's wage, the length remaining on his contract and any compensation clause agreed upon the initial signing of his contract.

At least that's what I can gather from terminating many player contracts on football manager, such a reliable source I know.
    Surely no manager would ever slip his resignation under the chairmen's door suggesting he's having a break from football and then turn up at one of his old clubs and managing them within a week !!!!

Quote Originally Posted by PedroTheFisherman66 View Post
    Surely no manager would ever slip his resignation under the chairmen's door suggesting he's having a break from football and then turn up at one of his old clubs and managing them within a week !!!!
    Nooo of course not, who would ever do such thing...

Pretty sure it will be a first for Notts if we do get compensation for him lraving. Although we should have got it for Big Sam.

Dale Vince went public with his criticism of the way Watford poached his manager, and appears to have made an official approach to the club currently employing his preferred replacement, so I suspect if IB leaves it will be done in the 'correct' way. I also give IB credit that I don't think he would want to screw the Reedtz brothers over. They've given him his first real platform in English football, which has led to this apparent interest from higher level clubs, so I think he would want to do right by them. I hope so anyway.

Strong talk of a Notts manager being poached? Compensation being received by the club? Not bad for a PE Teacher

It's usually Notts who are paying the compensation to bring in a manager. Enter one Harry Kewell..... Only to then be handsomely paid off just over 2 months later. Great piece of business that!

Ahhhh the 'Chaos Era' at Meadow Lane, what fun

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast