+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Is there a proper press conference Friday ?

Is there a proper press conference Friday ?

-------or is it just Gally and Loko doing their usual brown nosing with the new Chairman at one of those "Fan Engagement/ Forum" meetings?

-----or is it both, one during the day and one in the evening?
    Last edited by SBRed48; 26-05-2022 at 08:06 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by SBRed48 View Post
    -------or is it just Gally and Loko doing their usual brown nosing with the new Chairman at one of those "Fan Engagement/ Forum" meetings?

-----or is it both, one during the day and one in the evening?
    I saw this on the BBS yesterday - but up until then I didn’t know owt about it.
    I would have liked to have attended that.
    But I think we might know more about the direction of the club tomorrow after the meeting.
    Exciting times ahead - fingers crossed.

Press Conference tomorrow .

Fans Forum with Parekh tomorrow evening .

Be interesting to hear what Parekh has to say. The bloke couldn't get a word in edgeways when PMG took ore back in 2017 cos the arseoyle acted as spokesperson in that initial press conference.

I dun't think the new coach appointment will be made and announced tomorrow.
    Although it would've been a good time to do it, as the early bird thing ends in 5 days.
    It remains to be seen who will turn up and what sort of questions will be allowed and asked etc. And if any of them will get blocked or ignored as usual.

Quote Originally Posted by animallittle3 View Post
    Press Conference tomorrow .

Fans Forum with Parekh tomorrow evening .
    Thank you for the confirmation Animal.

I was confused as there seems to be no information from the club about this potentially important meeting with the Press asking follow up questions after presumably a statement from Parekh about the new Board's aims and policies.
    Even BBS sages seem confused (see Posts 66 onwards on the "Fans Forum with Neerav" thread). Even the BBS leader Gally only "thinks they are both going on" (Post 67) ie both the Press Conference and the Fan Forum.
    Surely any Official Press Conference is more important than brown nosing with Parekh. Maybe not for some.

I hope to hear lots of good news at the Press Conference and then, more important than the words, seeing the actions that follow.

Spectemur Agendo
    Last edited by SBRed48; 27-05-2022 at 06:19 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by SBRed48 View Post
    Thank you for the confirmation Animal.

I was confused as there seems to be no information from the club about this potentially important meeting with the Press asking follow up questions after presumably a statement from Parekh about the new Board's aims and policies.
    Even BBS sages seem confused (see Posts 66 onwards on the "Fans Forum with Neerav" thread). Even the BBS leader Gally only "thinks they are both going on" (Post 67) ie both the Press Conference and the Fan Forum.
    Surely any Official Press Conference is more important than brown nosing with Parekh. Maybe not for some.

I hope to hear lots of good news at the Press Conference and then, more important than the words, seeing the actions that follow.

Spectemur Agendo
    There is apparently no mention of a Press Conference in today's Chronicle. Thad think Doug O'Kane would have been invited and mentioned it.
    I think we may have been "inadvertently misled" by Loko saying in a Supporter's Trust Statement as quoted in the BBS thread (Post 71)---

"We'd like to extend our thanks to the current Directors of Barnsley Football Club for keeping the lines of communication open over the last six months. Many questions still remain, and we're hopeful these will be answered at the Press Conference on 27th May."

I wait to see if any of the new Board or journalists turn up at this Press Conference as mentioned by Loko. Both Loko and Gally are the ones "in the know" about the club.
    Last edited by SBRed48; 27-05-2022 at 11:34 AM.

News just in.
    Reds still want boss for pre-season start with new board set to speak
    27/05/22 • By Doug O'Kane

BARNSLEY’S near future should become clearer over the next week with the new board due to speak to fans and the media while the search for a head coach is understood to be nearing a conclusion.

While it has been quiet at Oakwell this week, since the publication of the retained list last Friday, work has been going on behind the scenes to narrow down candidates for the vacant head coach role.

See link:
    https://www.barnsleychronicle.com/ar...d-set-to-speak
    Last edited by POGGYWELL; 27-05-2022 at 12:00 PM.

Are we waiting for Cook I wonder ?

Or maybe not:
    The majority of candidates are understood to be UK-based, although at least one in contention is from overseas with no experience of managing in England.
    Last edited by POGGYWELL; 27-05-2022 at 12:02 PM.

So no Press Conference today then but maybe next week.

I'm doubtful that tonight's brown nosing event will reveal a great deal beyond warm words from Parekh. I hope to be proved wrong with Parekh revealing all the inside stuff about the "goings on" at Oakwell last season and revealing how it will all change under his watch.
    Last edited by SBRed48; 27-05-2022 at 12:41 PM.

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast