+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Is there a proper press conference Friday ?

Im guessing that 'Fax taarn losing to Cook's team Chesterfield during the week, really din't help matters.
    It probly threw a rat up the pipe and a fly in the ointment and a spanner in the works etc (anymore metaphoric examples ? lol). 😛

Quote Originally Posted by Acido View Post
    Im guessing that 'Fax taarn losing to Cook's team Chesterfield during the week, really din't help matters.
    It probly threw a rat up the pipe and a fly in the ointment and a spanner in the works etc (anymore metaphoric examples ? lol). 😛
    Too many Cook's spoil the broth .

I think we've got enough with one Paul Cook, and too many of them would totally f*k up more than just a broth.

This wouldn't be the best or most appropriate time to talk to him right now, as he is still involved in the promotion Play offs.
    But at this moment, do we think that we're still a better prospect than Chesterfield, even if they do go up ?.

Quote Originally Posted by Acido View Post
    I think we've got enough with one Paul Cook, and too many of them would totally f*k up more than just a broth.

This wouldn't be the best or most appropriate time to talk to him right now, as he is still involved in the promotion Play offs.
    But at this moment, do we think that we're still a better prospect than Chesterfield, even if they do go up ?.
    Depends on the club's strategy and budget I guess .

Paul Cook is clearly no fool and he'll know whether to stay put or not in my opinion .

"Fan Engagement/ Forum"
    Just watched the first 40 minutes up to the first break.
    If anyone has taken notes then it would be appreciated if you could put them on here as I haven’t a clue regarding any of the questions or answers.
    Do I need a new iPad ?

Quote Originally Posted by SBRed48 View Post
    So no Press Conference today then but maybe next week.

I'm doubtful that tonight's brown nosing event will reveal a great deal beyond warm words from Parekh. I hope to be proved wrong with Parekh revealing all the inside stuff about the "goings on" at Oakwell last season and revealing how it will all change under his watch.
    So its either a shocking "lack of communication" or a "brown nosing event" when communication with fans is arranged.

It seems some have a big hole in their lives with Conway removed from the board.
    Last edited by Ponty End; 27-05-2022 at 07:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ponty End View Post
    So its either a shocking "lack of communication" or a "brown nosing event" when communication with fans is arranged.

It seems some have a big hole in their lives with Conway removed from the board.
    The Arseoyle still lurks in the shadows---

--he retains shares in the club

--the Court case Conway-v-Crynes continues

Could you please point out the posts where I have referred to a "lack of communication" ?

I am delighted Conway has been removed from day to day decision making and proud of my consistent campaign against him on here. You may snipe from the side at posters on here but I think most have drawn their own conclusions about you.

The Arseoyle still lurks in the shadows---

--he retains shares in the club

--the Court case Conway-v-Crynes continues

Could you please point out the posts where I have referred to a "lack of communication" ?

I am delighted Conway has been removed from day to day decision making and proud of my consistent campaign against him on here. You may snipe from the side at posters on here but I think most have drawn their own conclusions about you.

I have certainly drawn my conclusions about you and i suspect others have too. None of your points are relevant to why you said a new chairman meeting 100+ fans & taking many unknown questions is a 'brown nosing event' and you came to that conclusion even before the event had taken place, unbelievable some fans.

Quote Originally Posted by Ponty End View Post
    I have certainly drawn my conclusions about you and i suspect others have too. None of your points are relevant to why you said a new chairman meeting 100+ fans & taking many unknown questions is a 'brown nosing event' and you came to that conclusion even before the event had taken place, unbelievable some fans.
    Your original post (16) referred to Conway having gone so I pointed out he hasn't really yet.

On your second point about the meeting, yes I praised Parekh for his heart being in the right place (Post 4 on Todays Fan Engagement Thread ) but you have conveniently forgotten there were two periods scheduled--an interval and after the questions-- with the opportunity to "mingle" with the Chairman. That's when the opportunity arose for some serious, hard core brown nosing. A bit like when Alan Partridge was trying to talk to the Colman's Mustard heiress at a Norwich party.

Keep 'em coming Ponty. Other posters that you have tried to denigrate on here no longer bother replying to you but I will give it a couple more goes before I get tired of your efforts.

Your original post (16) referred to Conway having gone so I pointed out he hasn't really yet.

On your second point about the meeting, yes I praised Parekh for his heart being in the right place (Post 4 on Todays Fan Engagement Thread ) but you have conveniently forgotten there were two periods scheduled--an interval and after the questions-- with the opportunity to "mingle" with the Chairman. That's when the opportunity arose for some serious, hard core brown nosing. A bit like when Alan Partridge was trying to talk to the Colman's Mustard heiress at a Norwich party.

Keep 'em coming Ponty. Other posters that you have tried to denigrate on here no longer bother replying to you but I will give it a couple more goes before I get tired of your efforts.
    Thats not true is it? You wrote:

"I'm doubtful that tonight's brown nosing event will reveal a great deal beyond warm words from Parekh"

Your references to alan patridge, colemans mustard heiress & a mingling session with the chairman are a bit odd to say the least in what seems like an attempt to distance yourself from previously trashing this event before it took place.

Also I didn't write that Conway had gone but had had been 'removed from the board'. I'm not interested in your point scoring 'gotcha' type posts or if you do or don't respond to my posts, i'm just interested in facts about BFC & ways to improve BFC.

It appears you prefer an echo chamber of back patting on here but i will call out posters who attack BFC with false information as i have seen how quickly malicious statements can spread & cause unrest, then its up to readers to check the facts for themselves & make their own minds up.

I have no doubt that you and others on here have been long & loyal fans but i disagreed with the idea of fans killing off the club financially & then hoping we may survive from the ashes & i have highlighted this on here and elsewhere, if that upset some fans so be it. Hope I'm wrong but i get the impression you and quite a number of other fans are already lining up the chairman as the new 'bogey man' to replace Conway before he even gets a chance.
    Last edited by Ponty End; 30-05-2022 at 01:26 AM.

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast