+ Visit Carlisle United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Starmer set to resign.

Starmer set to resign.

Starmer has said he will quit as Labour leader if he is found guilty of breaking the rules. He obviously had. On a subconscious level, this is his way of getting out of a sticky situation, and getting off a sinking ship.

I did use a p there in the spelling of ship, i meant to use a t.

He is not up to it, behind events, unseen, not a leader.

But, fear not, there are many to take his place, all wondrous in there own right.

There is Abbott, Lammy, Rayner, that woman with the funny hair, even Corbyn, a sadly misunderstood man who really loves britain. On those times he utters contentious words, another man posing as him pushes him aside, probably a conservative.

I want to see Raynor in charge, she will lift her skirt at prime ministers questions and say Johnson did it. Pure genius. Or Lammy, i want to see more of him in the same way i want to see more of Morecambe and Wise.

As for Starmer, his days are numbered, strangely for a labour leader, he has morals and will go. Plunging Labour into the hands of people like you, working class, uneducated, limited vocabulary, dependant on the state, hooked on ship, that of course should be a t, and attending food banks.

Johnson will go to, eventually, leaving the way for a permanent tory government, which wont be good.

Someone needs to launch the Micky Mouse party, that will supplant Labour in a jiff.

Funnily enough Frank I agree with a lot of that. Starmer has steadied the ship, but there’s no one in the engine room. With him, little progress. Without him Labour is f­ucked. If he quits over currygate then, as you suggest, BJ should follow him though as we all know he won’t because he has no honour.

The SNP were supposed to be the party of the centre but they have some strange policies that I don’t see eye to eye with. I could see them trying to take us back into the EU and that would be too much for me to vote for them. Right now there needs to be another box on the bottom of the ballot paper which says ‘none of the above’.

Anyway, you’ve posted a couple of actual views there Frank.

Well done.

Starmer stepping down if he gets a fine for MonkeyGate is more of a problem for the Conservatives because it vividly further highlights the dishonour of Boris Johnson.

Frank, you are obsessed with Jeremy Corbyn. He does not qualify to take part in a leadership contest because he has not been a Labour Party MP since November 2020 but do not let that get in the way of your obsession.

We now have agreement across the House Of Commons on one topic. The 357 other Conservatives are content to let Boris Johnson lead the party into the next General Election. All the other parties are similarly content. The Conservatives lost the next General Election yesterday.

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)