+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Brucie performance makes us 15th

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Brucie performance makes us 15th

Results since Bruce came we'd have finished 15th

And the board think he is the answer to promotion

With him we are exactly what Peace said we are a mid table championship team.

Quote Originally Posted by bordering View Post
    Results since Bruce came we'd have finished 15th

And the board think he is the answer to promotion

With him we are exactly what Peace said we are a mid table championship team.
    This is a manager who thinks Adam Reach is the answer to our problems and wants to reintegrate Zohore to the first team.
    This dinosaur will be gone by Xmas, leaving us even further behind

I think we have to remember he has not yet been able to bring in anyone he wants. I remain cautiously optimistic for next season if he can bring in a couple of midfielders and a forward.

Quote Originally Posted by billsbest View Post
    I think we have to remember he has not yet been able to bring in anyone he wants. I remain cautiously optimistic for next season if he can bring in a couple of midfielders and a forward.
    I can't see that changing with the budget he will have ....

Quote Originally Posted by Dubbag View Post
    I can't see that changing with the budget he will have ....
    I agree with both comments.
    Signing new ‘quality’ players is one thing - ‘managing out’ expensive existing players is another.
    I would expect Bruce’s own contract terms and conditions incorporate both the above. Indeed, ‘signing new’ and ‘managing out old’ will be dependent upon each other. The latter I suspect is the more difficult.
    Zohore, for example, allegedly cost up to £8m and is amongst the top wage earners. Any sale would incur a substantial loss and therefore impact upon the new signings budget. Maybe a ‘re-integration’ programme would assist in Bruce’s sale or loan options ? Indeed, maybe his attitude and commitment would improve…yes I know about pigs flying as well !
    Always trying to find the positive!

Quote Originally Posted by Prando View Post
    I agree with both comments.
    Signing new ‘quality’ players is one thing - ‘managing out’ expensive existing players is another.
    I would expect Bruce’s own contract terms and conditions incorporate both the above. Indeed, ‘signing new’ and ‘managing out old’ will be dependent upon each other. The latter I suspect is the more difficult.
    Zohore, for example, allegedly cost up to £8m and is amongst the top wage earners. Any sale would incur a substantial loss and therefore impact upon the new signings budget. Maybe a ‘re-integration’ programme would assist in Bruce’s sale or loan options ? Indeed, maybe his attitude and commitment would improve…yes I know about pigs flying as well !
    Always trying to find the positive!
    While I have been critical of players this season (normally stay clear of that) due to the lack of professionalism displayed by the majority of the playing squad....I can console myself that I haven't spent vast sums of my earnings watching what can only be described as pure dross at the best of times this season.
    But any player that has not been moved on and was a part of the shambolic affair of a season just finished, I would attempt to rehabilitate and that includes Zohore et al.........give them a period of time to Christmas say.......and if no improvement then get rid of.......
    The squad is most likely going to be made up 90% of last season so may as well give them one more chance but thats it.....

Quote Originally Posted by Dubbag View Post
    While I have been critical of players this season (normally stay clear of that) due to the lack of professionalism displayed by the majority of the playing squad....I can console myself that I haven't spent vast sums of my earnings watching what can only be described as pure dross at the best of times this season.
    But any player that has not been moved on and was a part of the shambolic affair of a season just finished, I would attempt to rehabilitate and that includes Zohore et al.........give them a period of time to Christmas say.......and if no improvement then get rid of.......
    The squad is most likely going to be made up 90% of last season so may as well give them one more chance but thats it.....
    I can't argue with that but we must delve into the market to a certain extent, There are quite a few very good players out there who are out of contract and if we can get rid of some players then we must take advantage of this. We've made a start by signing Swift but we do need a couple more.

I've given up on next season already.

Quote Originally Posted by WBA1955 View Post
    Surrender monkey 😉 .

Quote Originally Posted by WBA1955 View Post
    That's how I feel. Bruce will "Give it a go" but his record is dire for stringing wins together. He would have to have his best season ever to get back in the Prem. So don't hold your breath.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)