+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Pre-Season Rumours

Carl Heggs says he still has unfinished business at Notts...

If James Rowe becomes Notts manager under brothers reedtz I will cease to support the club. That is how convinced I am that it would never happen under our current owners

I've heard Colin Murphy is looking for his next role after leaving Hull in 2007. I think it might be too soon for him to return to football though.

Ironically, that's the same time Steve Thompson finished up at Notts.

Additionally, 20 and 07 are Guy Branston's lucky lotto numbers.

The stars are all aligning!

Quote Originally Posted by queenslandpie View Post
    If James Rowe becomes Notts manager under brothers reedtz I will cease to support the club. That is how convinced I am that it would never happen under our current owners
    I'm with you. Word on the street is that Zinedine Zidane is trying to get back into management. I'll nail my flag to the mast on this one. If he came to Notts as manager, I'd never support Notts again. Especially after he let the French team down in the 2006 World Cup Final by getting sent off.

Please don't let it be him if IB leaves!

Quote Originally Posted by Iremongersrighthand View Post
    Carl Heggs says he still has unfinished business at Notts...
    That's a name I'd forgotten!! If memory serves, his pre and post match interviews for his one and only game in charge we're comical. I'm sure he was the complete Mr Understanding in his pre match interview, explaining at length that the players need support and an arm around their shoulder. 90 minutes on and a woeful defeat, he was completely scathing saying they were a disgrace!

Apparently Notts are interested in Dodoo from Doncaster. https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Joe_Dodoo

I heard we're going to be a good team and beat everyone

Quote Originally Posted by Chicken Balti Pie View Post
    Apparently Notts are interested in Dodoo from Doncaster. https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Joe_Dodoo
    Is this proof if it were needed that our Manager/ Head Coach had / has no influence on recruits?

Quote Originally Posted by Chicken Balti Pie View Post
    Think I'm alright thanks, hardly an inspiring move. If we start signing players like that, along with a nobody manager from the Faroe Isles, and we start the season badly, it is not going to end well.

Quote Originally Posted by St Kitts Magpie View Post
    Is this proof if it were needed that our Manager/ Head Coach had / has no influence on recruits?
    We knew that anyway from the statement of Burchnall leaving where the board said it wouldn't impact next year's prep and we were hoping to have good news on that soon

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast