+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910

Thread: Burchnall gone

So the inevitable has happened and IB has gone. He is clearly a good young coach hence why he's attracted interest from a league one club. Although it's sobering how far we have fallen when a club the size of FGR have come in for our manager.

I thank IB for his efforts and wish him all the best for the future. From his point of view he's had two play-offs here and next season would effectively have been do or die. I'm sure if we were not near the top after ten games there would be unrest amongst the fan base. Likewise the expectation here is automatic promotion and he's obviously seen how hard it is to get out of this league. Especially this season with the big spenders Stockport and Wrexham.

Part of me is left wondering "what if" when it comes to the IB and Mo Ross partnership and whether we would have been better? It was the one liner in the interview about needing "animals" that Mo Ross saw something missing that a lot of us saw, and maybe he would have been able to have an influence and that could have took us over the line to promotion? We will obviously never know as he had to go.

It sounds from the statement by the club that the baby is not going to be thrown out with the bathwater and that we will be continuing to play football and retain an identity. What is does mean going forwards is that we will need be better at our game so that we can win away from home against the likes of Eastleigh, Aldershot, Weymouth on boggy grounds and in the midst of winter on a dark Tue night. That's where recruitment will be key and some of the challenges manager/head coach will need to resolve. I will also be hoping the new coach/manager will make us mentally tough and ruthless because we can have those qualities and still play football.

No soon as Ross left our results picked up.

He was clearly an idiot and you cant go round saying the sort of things he did to players & expect to get away with it.

Well I'm saddened for three reasons: I thought he was a very good player coach and a still-learning team coach with the right overall instincts (if that makes sense), and I thought he'd inch us towards automatic over the next two seasons; Doyle is going too; we don't get the kind of stability we all wanted to see.

It's the latter that is the biggest blow for me - I really thought he was in this for a decent project. Perhaps he realised a lot of the fan base simply don't have the patience for it.

I still think a fit Cameron all season and we'd be in the playoff finals.

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910