+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 11 of 232 FirstFirst ... 9101112132161111 ... LastLast

Thread: Transfer Rumour Thread 22/23

Quote Originally Posted by Sande_Man View Post
    Liverpool set to sign Calvin Ramsay for £8m from Aberdeen.

Not good when one of our transfer rivals gets a huge chunk of change and also do we sell our youngsters far too cheap or is this lad just on a totally different level to our youngsters?
    different level.

1. Same age as Neilson but skipped the Scotland U19's all together and went straight into the 21s,
    2. Regular in the Aberdeen team

Quote Originally Posted by arab1970 View Post
    different level.

1. Same age as Neilson but skipped the Scotland U19's all together and went straight into the 21s,
    2. Regular in the Aberdeen team
    But Kerr Smith was 16 and playing first team football and we couldn’t get rid quick enough for little more than the development fee.

I’m going back as far as 2014 when we sold the crown Jewell’s for less than Ramsay. Guys who were on the cusp of the full Scotland team.

I think a big problem with selling someone like Kerr smith at this stage is all you are selling is potential, whereas if I young guy has a season or two established in first team you are having to pay an established first team player, the hear and now, on top of potential. We also only seem able to get young guys on 2 year deals, so you can’t build your side with these guys, because if they are decent first season, your trying to sell second to capitalise.

Don't think you can compare a 2014 transfer to a 2022 one tbh. The transfer money being thrown about these days is mental. Ramsey also has 2 years left on his contract. He's up there with Patterson formerly of the Huns. Miles ahead of anything we've produced lately as his talent is here & now, not as JUSTaway has just said, potential.

Quote Originally Posted by JUSTaway View Post
    I think a big problem with selling someone like Kerr smith at this stage is all you are selling is potential, whereas if I young guy has a season or two established in first team you are having to pay an established first team player, the hear and now, on top of potential. We also only seem able to get young guys on 2 year deals, so you can’t build your side with these guys, because if they are decent first season, your trying to sell second to capitalise.
    Yeah I think the biggest thing is length of contract….so why are our rivals able to convince these young talents to sign longer deals where we can’t?

Quote Originally Posted by tHeArAb View Post
    Don't think you can compare a 2014 transfer to a 2022 one tbh. The transfer money being thrown about these days is mental. Ramsey also has 2 years left on his contract. He's up there with Patterson formerly of the Huns. Miles ahead of anything we've produced lately as his talent is here & now, not as JUSTaway has just said, potential.
    I understand the transfer fees have risen since 2014 but even way before then Hibs we’re getting better transfer fees for brown, O’Connor etc, Hesrts got £8m for Craig Gordon.

The only guy I think we managed to sell for more than his value was Goodie…and even then who knows what we actually got as some of it was add-ons which I doubt he achieved.

We got £600k for Kerr Smith a first team we at 16

We got £400k for Scott banks who by some accounts is one of palaces best youth players.

We need to either get these boys on longer contracts or start negotiating better. Kerr smith wasn’t desperate to leave…

The sheep need to spend a huge amount of money on a new stadium. We don't.

Quote Originally Posted by Sande_Man View Post
    I understand the transfer fees have risen since 2014 but even way before then Hibs we’re getting better transfer fees for brown, O’Connor etc, Hesrts got £8m for Craig Gordon.

The only guy I think we managed to sell for more than his value was Goodie…and even then who knows what we actually got as some of it was add-ons which I doubt he achieved.

We got £600k for Kerr Smith a first team we at 16

We got £400k for Scott banks who by some accounts is one of palaces best youth players.

We need to either get these boys on longer contracts or start negotiating better. Kerr smith wasn’t desperate to leave…
    The problem is these young guys don’t want to commit to lengthy deals, the know, or their agents know, there are richer pickings to be had elsewhere. Seems the only way we can entice them is by offering shortish deals of a couple of years and a ‘we won’t stand in your way’ sort of agreement, and without the guarantee of the club being honest in that respect we would struggle to recruit.

The money for that Ramsay is insane. He just isnt that good i find it crazy liverpool are willing to pay that for him. Also gutted we can't get close to that with our own youngsters. Graham is one we should be holding out for a big money move hopefully. Id imagine we would maybe have to see him in a back 2 rather than a 3 to see how good he really is or am i talking ****e?

Butcher to m'well doing the rounds

Page 11 of 232 FirstFirst ... 9101112132161111 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)