+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 232 FirstFirst 12341252102 ... LastLast

Thread: Transfer Rumour Thread 22/23

Must wonder about the finances of loan deals when it's from the EPL.
    Now I believe the average weekly wage for a 1st team squaddie in the Cash Cow League must be in the region of £50k. The top earners pull in an incredible £200k/week.
    Suppose Dylan Levitt was on say a very modest £20k/week from Man U last season, wouldn't our contribution towards that whilst with us been pretty measly? Cos I'd guess we weren't paying any more than £3k/wk.
    Are my guesstimations sqiffy, anyone ITK?

Clubs such a ManU can afford to give players to the like of us on loan for nothing. The benefit they get is players getting game time at a good level. Bit like us loaning players to Forfar or such like I'd imagine.

At that rate can't we get some more loanees then or are numbers restricted?
    I'm sure tho that we must have to pay something.
    And is there some sort of agreement that you've got to play them even if they're not very good?

He was apparently on £10K a week at Man Utd.

I cannot see how we can end up with Levitt again - it really makes no sense. The one season has served its purpose; he’s benefited, we’ve benefited and Manchester United have benefitted. But now he’s breaking through at international level and if the other United are looking at him seriously from a potential first team perspective then surely Ten Hag has to decide whether he either he starts to break into the fringes of their squad or he goes out back on loan. But there’s the rub - if he heads back out on loan then surely it would be to a higher level than the SPFL, after all they’d be wanting to see if he could further step up again and cope with another level entirely. I’m thinking like Gilmour to Norwich or even their own James Garner to Forest. Much as I’d love to be wrong, I just can’t see him coming back here regretfully.

For Man U i think this is more about a sell on % from his next club. Whoever wants him this summer will have to negotiate now instead of getting hi for 0, prob wont cost too much in an upfront fee but will likely have all the future benefits like international appearances, games, and sell on %

Totally agree...if he goes anywhere, it will be the championship. It would be totally wrong of us to not ask though....they might not have a Levitt but there might be another option!

The fact that all parties benefitted this year, and he got regular first team football, surely can’t do us any harm if enquiring for others, for a similar loan?

The fact of Dylan being at Man U I think is positive when it presents possible loan deal for us 🙏 🙏🙏🙏🙏

Quote Originally Posted by LSArab View Post
    The fact of Dylan being at Man U I think is positive when it presents possible loan deal for us �� ��������
    Except it makes very little sense for them to sign him for a year and loan him straight out, what's in that for them? More likely they are just trying to guarantee a fee for him. And I'd imagine that would rule us out.

Page 2 of 232 FirstFirst 12341252102 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)