+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 28 of 232 FirstFirst ... 1826272829303878128 ... LastLast

Thread: Transfer Rumour Thread 22/23

I'm with Shedka & Triple T.
    We've not seen the best of Ian Harkes yet. He's progressing all the time & the next two seasons will see him peaking, Hopefully with us.

Btw, the Dylan Levitt zitfest.....I give him 8/10 rather than comparing him to Zinedine Zidane.

DL - overated IH - under rated.

HELMET ON....

Quote Originally Posted by ARAbCHNID View Post
    We've not seen the best of Ian Harkes yet. He's progressing all the time & the next two seasons will see him peaking, Hopefully with us.

Btw, the Dylan Levitt zitfest.....I give him 8/10 rather than comparing him to Zinedine Zidane.

DL - overated IH - under rated.

HELMET ON....
    I would agree with Harkes, he’s is a tad underrated, he’s got better every year and I do think he will get better.

Dylan Levitt overrated… no chance. Without him we finish bottom 6 last season.

Once Levitt got into his stride he was immense. Those games after the split he was class.

Quote Originally Posted by ARAbCHNID View Post
    His new contract would only be for 1 season, which IMHO means he's only really looking out for himself short term which might be partly to do with his wife. Of course, a team coming in with much more money would prob change that and he would leave. I have no problem with anyone doing that, players want a good living, but we as fans of Dundee Utd need to realize we have a player here who is looking for their next move and will have instructed his agent to find him that move asap. He may even find himself signing a pre-contract in January.

Is that really worth it? he's not that good. I am okay with him staying, i think it's a 50/50 chance of getting someone better or worse than him and we have bigger fish to fry in the market but id certainly not care a jot if hes gone.

Quote Originally Posted by bannon_ftd_83 View Post
    He will be a loss but the others are a bigger loss imo. Like you say though along with losing the others Harkes would be a miss but i wouldn't be held to ransom for him, there will be plenty players out there and available that could bring what Harkes brings. Butcher, Benji and Levitt not so much.
    Exactly!

Aberdeen looking to sign Jamie McGrath apparently…

Aberdeen chairman Dave Cormack has hinted the club are working on deals for Republic of Ireland international Jamie McGrath, who has struggled for game-time at Wigan Athletic, and fellow midfielder Connor Ronan, who impressed on loan at St Mirren from Wolves last season.

Quote Originally Posted by PT_Arab View Post
    Aberdeen looking to sign Jamie McGrath apparently…
    That's the problem once Aberdeen, Hibs and Hearts get interested in any players we're after it really limits our chances of getting him. It's just where we are in the food chain.

To be honest its FN frightening the players being signed by Aberdeen,Hibs and Hearts,next season will be very different to last i reckon.

Quote Originally Posted by GUNBOAT View Post
    To be honest its FN frightening the players being signed by Aberdeen,Hibs and Hearts,next season will be very different to last i reckon.
    Hibs and Aberdeen both splashed out last season too, worked well for them.

Quote Originally Posted by GUNBOAT View Post
    Ffs GB which players are 'frightening' that are signing for them? Or are you meaning the sheer volume? Hibs and Sheep HAD to completely revamp their starting 11s so were always going to go crazy with signings. Hearts are guaranteed 8 Euro matches before Xmas so need to bulk their squad out even more.

Saw someone say that from our starting 11 v County last game of the season that only Benji and Levitt are away. YES we have big gaps to fill but plenty of time to do it.

Page 28 of 232 FirstFirst ... 1826272829303878128 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)