+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 30 of 232 FirstFirst ... 2028293031324080130 ... LastLast

Thread: Transfer Rumour Thread 22/23

Quote Originally Posted by DUFCstokie View Post
    Same mate, be a very positive start to building for the new season.
    Well we need a bit of positivity. To date since the end of the season it’s been all outgoings with no incomings, bar Jack Ross. Harkes in particular is starting to really piss me off. It’s starting to sound that he is taking cold feet over a verbally agreed deal and frankly is wanting to have his cake and eat it by blatantly making us hold on while he explores other options with the fallback that he just sign on with us should that fall through. He can GTF with that. We need to be getting on with things - if he’s staying then fine but if he’s going then FFS let us know to at least give us time to sort out his replacement. Frankly we need to set him a firm deadline (end of this week for example) and that if he’s not signed by then well thanks very much but off you pop. The clock to the start of the season is ticking here………………

Quote Originally Posted by BudMill90 View Post
    Ffs GB which players are 'frightening' that are signing for them? Or are you meaning the sheer volume? Hibs and Sheep HAD to completely revamp their starting 11s so were always going to go crazy with signings. Hearts are guaranteed 8 Euro matches before Xmas so need to bulk their squad out even more.

Saw someone say that from our starting 11 v County last game of the season that only Benji and Levitt are away. YES we have big gaps to fill but plenty of time to do it.
    It was just the volume of players mate,James with the post above has saved me a lot of typing this morning.

Quote Originally Posted by JamesMcClean View Post
    Well we need a bit of positivity. To date since the end of the season it’s been all outgoings with no incomings, bar Jack Ross. Harkes in particular is starting to really piss me off. It’s starting to sound that he is taking cold feet over a verbally agreed deal and frankly is wanting to have his cake and eat it by blatantly making us hold on while he explores other options with the fallback that he just sign on with us should that fall through. He can GTF with that. We need to be getting on with things - if he’s staying then fine but if he’s going then FFS let us know to at least give us time to sort out his replacement. Frankly we need to set him a firm deadline (end of this week for example) and that if he’s not signed by then well thanks very much but off you pop. The clock to the start of the season is ticking here………………
    I do think Harkes is over rated but on his game he's good for us, needs to be more consistent though.
    Your speculative comments are unfair on Harkes btw, especially if untrue, if it's true then the blame lies with Tony for allowing himself to be dictated to, for what it's worth I can't see it being the latter.
    I'd rather Tony does the business quietly and announce when we have signed someone rather than this constant story of X now in for someone we are after.

As things stand we are considerably weaker than last season. But we won't start the season with the current squad so we have to wait and see how it pans out.

The Harkes situation is an interesting one and it's difficult to read. Folk are assuming the delay is down to him but it could easily be us taking time to try and persuade him to sign a multi year deal.

Quote Originally Posted by A. J View Post
    I do think Harkes is over rated but on his game he's good for us, needs to be more consistent though.
    Your speculative comments are unfair on Harkes btw, especially if untrue, if it's true then the blame lies with Tony for allowing himself to be dictated to, for what it's worth I can't see it being the latter.
    I'd rather Tony does the business quietly and announce when we have signed someone rather than this constant story of X now in for someone we are after.
    Agree. Tony does not strike me as the sort to be dictated too. I am also happy with the way united go about there business. No hype or speculation just announce when deal is done. That said I’m only happy with this approach as long as there are announcements to be made.

I agree with the signing rather speculation mantra,as soon as we are linked with a player Hibs,Hearts or Aberdeen are in for him like a shot.

Quote Originally Posted by GUNBOAT View Post
    I agree with the signing rather speculation mantra,as soon as we are linked with a player Hibs,Hearts or Aberdeen are in for him like a shot.
    I would love this to happen

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/...r-27327741.amp

Quote Originally Posted by shed-buoy View Post
    A few other clubs in for him as well 🤞 he picks us

Quote Originally Posted by Arab59 View Post
    A few other clubs in for him as well 🤞 he picks us
    If it’s to be believed, both he and his family loved their time here last season and viewed United as the perfect club for him to develop

Page 30 of 232 FirstFirst ... 2028293031324080130 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)