+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 86 of 232 FirstFirst ... 3676848586878896136186 ... LastLast

Thread: Transfer Rumour Thread 22/23

Shanks wearing a Hearts teeshirt getting photo taken with some dobber on what's probably the side of pitch at Tyncastle. On kickback 20 mins ago so announcement no doubt imminent.

****ers.!😕

Ham Shanks

Quote Originally Posted by Jedi u-Knighted View Post
    Shanks wearing a Hearts teeshirt getting photo taken with some dobber on what's probably the side of pitch at Tyncastle. On kickback 20 mins ago so announcement no doubt imminent.

****ers.!😕
    Yip seemingly confirmed. 😕

Quote Originally Posted by Arabknight View Post
    Yip seemingly confirmed. 😕
    Much as I’d have liked SLA back (and for him to stay away from the spl if not with us) there’s no guarantee he’ll be as prolific a striker with hertz.

I hope Shankland doesn’t get ‘the treatment’ when he plays against us. Instead, we should remember that he signed for us when he had loads of other options, then alongside the likes of Butcher, Connolly and Reynolds was pivotal to us getting finally promoted after the most dismal five years or so in United’s modern history. He then stayed to cement our position back up and then when he finally left he did so leaving us a hefty profit from his initial signing.

I for one hope he does well. Except when he plays us of course.

Quote Originally Posted by JamesMcClean View Post
    I hope Shankland doesn’t get ‘the treatment’ when he plays against us. Instead, we should remember that he signed for us when he had loads of other options, then alongside the likes of Butcher, Connolly and Reynolds was pivotal to us getting finally promoted after the most dismal five years or so in United’s modern history. He then stayed to cement our position back up and then when he finally left he did so leaving us a hefty profit from his initial signing.

I agree, I'd never dream of booing him he was a fans favourite and rightly so but something just doesn't sit right with him signing for them.!

I don't want him personally to fail but I really, really hope Hearts do....

Quote Originally Posted by JamesMcClean View Post

Agree 100% mate. The guy tried something different going out there. Made us a profit. If he'd stayed, he'd likely just be joining Hearts this summer for free from us directly so better this way that we can actually make some money from it all I suppose. Anyone that boos him have very short memories. Shanks helped save us from THAT place.

I want him to fail miserably, ****ing hate those ****s and if he's wearing their colours he's dead to me. He did well for us, but that was then and this is now.

Quote Originally Posted by Arabdownsouth View Post
    I want him to fail miserably, ****ing hate those ****s and if he's wearing their colours he's dead to me. He did well for us, but that was then and this is now.
    If it had been either of the erse cheeks then yeah, would’ve agreed with you, anyone else is fine with me. As Bud says, he did the biz for us, made the club some money when he could’ve done a Ben. Reckon he should get a good reception if he plays at Tannadice, this should only change if he kisses the maroon badge, or any other badge for that matter when playing against us.

Respect goes both ways outwith the bigot brothers.

He now plays for a team that tried to steal our promotion so i hope he fails miserably however i will not be booing him that would be taking it too far.

Page 86 of 232 FirstFirst ... 3676848586878896136186 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)