+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Motherwell (A) 15th Apr

Motherwell (A) 15th Apr

Time to get off the bottom of the league

As the season goes on and the fixtures coming Rossco and Killie will be picking up points and wins

We need to get things back into our control and in our own hands and getting off the foot of the table

We have had wins through in Motherwell over the years and at important times - this is a decent chance for 3 points

Also after ‘Beautiful Sunday’ it is important that we keep the positive momentum

We will have Van Veen to contend with

I wonder if we will revert to back 5 and bring in Edwards - otherwise I expect we will keep the same line up as beat the hibees

COME ON UNITED !!

I think this particular game will come to early in our 'resurgence'. Any other team around us and I'd think otherwise, but they are on some run of form and scoring goals for fun. Without Van Veen I'd give us a chance. Van Veen vs Poppadom however, I think there's only one winner. 😟

Well, it worked on Sunday, so,…………

3-0 Well, 2 for Van Veen.

Go on United,prove me wrong. I dare you.

Quote Originally Posted by JamesMcClean View Post
    Well, it worked on Sunday, so,…………

3-0 Well, 2 for Van Veen.

Go on United,prove me wrong. I dare you.
    😂😂😂

Quote Originally Posted by LSArab View Post
    Time to get off the bottom of the league

As the season goes on and the fixtures coming Rossco and Killie will be picking up points and wins

We need to get things back into our control and in our own hands and getting off the foot of the table

We have had wins through in Motherwell over the years and at important times - this is a decent chance for 3 points

Also after ‘Beautiful Sunday’ it is important that we keep the positive momentum

We will have Van Veen to contend with

I wonder if we will revert to back 5 and bring in Edwards - otherwise I expect we will keep the same line up as beat the hibees

COME ON UNITED !!
    Things are actually still in our own hands but I agree we need to get off the bottom ASAP and nothing but victory on Saturday will do as far as I'm concerned. Have major doubts about our chances however.

Seems like every game for months now has been described as "must win". I'm going to put this one in the "must not lose" category. I think Motherwell look like they have something about them so probably unreasonable to expect us to go through there and turn them over. A point would be a positive result in my opinion and keep a bit of forward momentum going. Obviously three points would be incredible and would be considered result of the season to date. We've had some better battling performances in recent weeks (better late than never) but this will be a test of how far we've come.

A few there with an ex united link like butcher and spittal

Never much liked kettlewell tbh from our season when we lost out to Rossco for promotion

Hopefully we can have a strategy for van veen

Feels like something good about united again and we need to keep it going into this one

Referee for Saturday is Nick Walsh, however the VAR is Colin Steven - yes, that same trumpet who reffed against Hearts on Dec 24 and was VAR against St Mirren last month.

Quote Originally Posted by JamesMcClean View Post
    Referee for Saturday is Nick Walsh, however the VAR is Colin Steven - yes, that same trumpet who reffed against Hearts on Dec 24 and was VAR against St Mirren last month.
    Oh dear 😬

I am struggling to think of who the good refs and VAR officials are though in Scotland.

The sooner we have the VAR done abroad the better it might become

It would also mean the VAR felt less pressure from the old firm and the west coast media

Haven't been to away game for ages, but as each game now is a cup final, so three of us are off to Motherwell to support United. With a big bit of luck, come Sunday afternoon we could be 10th in the league. Always hoping!!!

Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)