+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 232 of 232 FirstFirst ... 132182222230231232
Results 2,311 to 2,318 of 2318

Thread: Transfer Rumour Thread 22/23

Quote Originally Posted by weegiearab View Post
    Were we not meant to be sniffing about Oatrick Thistles Tiffoney at the start of the season? There are defo some players in the championship that would have filled the gaps in our team and not broke the bank! The more I think about it, the angrier I get about the " trying to buy players we can't afford" excuse. Ansolute negligence!
    Thought the very same thing. About the same player too. He absolutely would make a difference and contribute to our abysmal attack. The recruitment team are an utter disgrace imo.

Quote Originally Posted by bannon_ftd_83 View Post
    Thought the very same thing. About the same player too. He absolutely would make a difference and contribute to our abysmal attack. The recruitment team are an utter disgrace imo.
    We don't appear to have a scout that identifies really good players who can step up from other clubs and develop under good coaching. (Remember good coaching?) For every Danny Armstrong at Killie there's plenty others at our directly competing clubs who have been dovetailed into a cohesive playing style.
    We've made some very lazy signings and some downright bad ones. And we don't have a coach who can fit these players into a team with a fluid style and a real goal threat.

Having an international cap is not a criteria that should matter one iota when scouting a player. That's a dereliction of duty all on its own.

Quote Originally Posted by stokearab View Post
    We don't appear to have a scout that identifies really good players who can step up from other clubs and develop under good coaching. (Remember good coaching?) For every Danny Armstrong at Killie there's plenty others at our directly competing clubs who have been dovetailed into a cohesive playing style.
    We've made some very lazy signings and some downright bad ones. And we don't have a coach who can fit these players into a team with a fluid style and a real goal threat.

Having an international cap is not a criteria that should matter one iota when scouting a player. That's a dereliction of duty all on its own.
    id wager a guess we dont have a scouting network that finds players for us, we then look at them for a while then make contact. I think its more likely Asghar has a network of agents who offer us up what they have which we then look at thus severely hurting our ability to find cheaper gems from lower leagues in Scotland

Quote Originally Posted by the_arab View Post
    id wager a guess we dont have a scouting network that finds players for us, we then look at them for a while then make contact. I think its more likely Asghar has a network of agents who offer us up what they have which we then look at thus severely hurting our ability to find cheaper gems from lower leagues in Scotland
    I think you're definitely right there.

What also worries me is how we seem to consistently fail to improve players. And don't get me started again on the Academy.

There's a common denominator, a guy who thinks arrogant exceptionalism is the mantra to follow. Having a good marketing machine on social media platforms is great, but you have to do the basics well as a club and we're not. This isn't something I've been saying since we hit bad form, I've been talking about Tony's Template for quite a while.

He needs to go.

f ucking Ayr Utd manage to sign Chris Maguire on short term deal, we've still not replaced clark or watt

get to f cuk honestly

Boabie shaped hairline, Paul McGowan has joined Dunfermline on loan...even the Fun have managed to get their emails to work better than our recruitment teams!

linked with Lee Bonis, larne striker

https://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/s...256522955.html

Quote Originally Posted by offshore_arab83 View Post
    f ucking Ayr Utd manage to sign Chris Maguire on short term deal, we've still not replaced clark or watt

get to f cuk honestly
    Or Fuchs, Butcher and the Finnish goalie

Page 232 of 232 FirstFirst ... 132182222230231232

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)