+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Ian Burchnall gone - BBC

Quote Originally Posted by upthemaggies View Post
    Imagine being told 10 years ago, after we'd just missed out on the 3rd tier play offs, that in a decade's time we'd have our manager poached by Forest Green Rovers.
    Well rumour had it a few years ago, that the FGR chairman, had about TEN TIMES the amount of money our previous chairman Alan Hardy had
    As far as Burchnall , cant blame him at all for accepting the job, he has done nout, and been offered a job 2 divisions higher, and probably on more pay, his job to be successfull will only to avoid relegation, if he achieves more than this he is on a winner

Personally i do not give a hoot about him leaving from a Notts point of view, very bad appointment that should never have been, just wasted another season and a quater for Notts, and we are no further on
    As i have said we should be really worried about the owners long term plan, lets hope for goodness sake they go for experience, and dont pick another inexperienced rookie, on a 3 or 4 year long term plan , that goes nowhere after a year or two

Haven't been on here in a while and not up with the views on Burchnall.
    I was passionately "Ardley has to go" - then underwhelmed by the appointment - then impressed with the way IB has built - albeit not learned some of the lessons about what we need to get out of this division.
    So ... after Devastating Monday ... I had my fingers crossed that he would have started the steps that would make Notts a credible threat for 22/23.
    With all his faults, inexperience, and sometimes casual attitude to dropped points, I saw him as having the sort of honesty and openness lacking in the old guard.
    He's very clearly demonstrated that not to be the case - and that he's no more reliable, loyal or worthy of trust than the most cynical of his profession.
    I would add to that judgement the FGR owner, who complained so vociferously about the poaching of his manager and has now done exactly the same thing.
    I look forward to dancing a little jig of my own devising as IB gets sacked before Christmas and FGR rejoin us in League 2 in 23/24.

Quote Originally Posted by countygump View Post
    Doyler gone as well then?

Leigh Curtis
    @LeighCurtis_DT
    Ian Burchnall has left Notts County to join Forest Green Rovers. Michael Doyle will also move with him. Shortlist for replacements already drawn up.
    Well that's the Doyler song well and truly over now. Can we draft Matty Palmer in to replace him in the song?

Having just read Davy500's view I think we know that the Notts owners have no sense of urgency, and that this is their little experiment with a club they have no passion for. Benign despots if you like.
    So my prediction is that the next manager will be someone we've never heard of with a career built in Danish league 2 who likes to play possession football and doesn't recognise the need to be a bit nasty at times.

Christoffer and Alex would be happy with promotion in 29/30 and wouldn't be dismayed at a spell in National League North first.

It seems most on here either wanted Burchy to stay, or were ''neutral'' in their opinion, ie: (Lets give him another season and see if he's learned any lessons). Very few actually wanted him replaced. The chaps gone of his own volition, so good luck to him. We are Notts County, we move on as the Pope once said.

Quote Originally Posted by miles3659 View Post
    With all his faults, inexperience, and sometimes casual attitude to dropped points,
    That definitely had to change...and I couldn't listen any more to 'dominated the game' 'good performance' 'was on top' after a draw against Weymouth or Wealdstone as we fall further and further behind the league pace setters.

I wonder if he'll be targeting any Notts players?
    It'd be quite a jump for some up to L1 but there are a handful that could do it. Obviously the club have to do everything possible to thwart this if it arises

I think the key question is "What type of manager do we want to see at Notts?"
    (Not that this will make a difference - we'll get who we're given!)

I understand the argument that we should look for a pragmatic, old school, proven-by-results, example in the mould of Challinor, Parkinson, Cook ... I'm not sure I'd enjoy it much but we'd see results.
    Then there's the "loyal servant to their unfancied club" kind - Evatt at Barrow, Garrard at Boreham Wood, the Irish guy from ... err ... Dagenham? Managers who have made a lot out of a little and might flourish with a better budget.
    Finally we have the Fotherington-Thomas type: hello birds, hello trees, hello flowers, wouldn't it be wonderful if somehow we got promoted by just passing the ball into the net all season and didn't have to do things like defend long throws and tackle.

But I still think we'll get someone from Danish league 2

Quote Originally Posted by miles3659 View Post
    I think the key question is "What type of manager do we want to see at Notts?"
    (Not that this will make a difference - we'll get who we're given!)

I understand the argument that we should look for a pragmatic, old school, proven-by-results, example in the mould of Challinor, Parkinson, Cook ... I'm not sure I'd enjoy it much but we'd see results.
    Then there's the "loyal servant to their unfancied club" kind - Evatt at Barrow, Garrard at Boreham Wood, the Irish guy from ... err ... Dagenham? Managers who have made a lot out of a little and might flourish with a better budget.
    Finally we have the Fotherington-Thomas type: hello birds, hello trees, hello flowers, wouldn't it be wonderful if somehow we got promoted by just passing the ball into the net all season and didn't have to do things like defend long throws and tackle.

But I still think we'll get someone from Danish league 2
    Seems the Bros were keen on Nathan Rooney but he's gone elsewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by the_anticlough View Post
    I wonder if he'll be targeting any Notts players?
    It'd be quite a jump for some up to L1 but there are a handful that could do it. Obviously the club have to do everything possible to thwart this if it arises
    That was soon in my head as a concern. There three players instantly I would be very disappointed if they went with him.

I don't believe IBs time at Notts warrants anyone to be delighted or devastated with his departure. I suspect 95% will be somewhere in between those extremes.

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast