+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: Ian Burchnall gone - BBC

Quote Originally Posted by laddo View Post
    That was soon in my head as a concern. There three players instantly I would be very disappointed if they went with him.

I don't believe IBs time at Notts warrants anyone to be delighted or devastated with his departure. I suspect 95% will be somewhere in between those extremes.
    I am not delighted but pleased he has gone. After Monday I was dismayed at the prospect of another season of his tippy tappy. But I know that unfortunately it will just be another tippy tapster in charge for next season. Wouldn't it be nice to coax Neil out of retirement for one (more) last job!

Quote Originally Posted by tommopie8 View Post
    12 years to the day Cotterill left for Portsmouth - what's he up to these days?
    Managing division one side Shrewsbury the last time I looked?

Quote Originally Posted by i961pie View Post
    Managing division one side Shrewsbury the last time I looked?
    Also been very ill, believe covid 19, took some getting over

Quote Originally Posted by optipez View Post
    Best result of the season. Compensation for a bloke who would never take us up. Should have been sacked after Wealdstone away after 22 games. That was the night we timidly gave up any real chance of top spot. Not good enough all season and worryingly none of our weaknesses were ever addressed, we just kept ploughing on the same way knowing it would bring failiure.
    That's a fair enough opinion on its own, but I don't see how you can square it with being strongly against the sacking of Ardley.

We had numerous results like that against small teams under NA, with a worse PPG and less attractive football.

Quote Originally Posted by drillerpie View Post
    That's a fair enough opinion on its own, but I don't see how you can square it with being strongly against the sacking of Ardley.

We had numerous results like that against small teams under NA, with a worse PPG and less attractive football.
    A good point well made.

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678