+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 51 of 82 FirstFirst ... 41495051525361 ... LastLast

Thread: 📝 New Manager [Luke Williams Appointed]

Quote Originally Posted by kill_the_drum View Post
    He would constantly call off training due to heat or the pitch was too hard.
    We were battered at the start of that season as we had the fitness levels of a pub team.

Quote Originally Posted by cher
    Look at photos of Nolan when he joined us and then compare with when things fell apart. It's pretty clear to see why things were going wrong. It's always better if a manager is ... shall we say 'clear headed'
    I think the above two points go hand in hand. Who want's to get into training early after a large one?

New managerial appointment tomorrow
    Luke tisdale who ever he is

Quote Originally Posted by slack_pie View Post
    The football was pretty bad sometimes, but it wasn't always aimless hoof ball. I seem to remember the first half of homes games would be pretty dire, then in the second half we'd come to life when attacking the Kop. Lots of early balls out to Grant on the left wing, with Dan Jones overlapping. Or Grant cutting inside and playing one-twos with Shola. Yates and Hewitt winning scrappy battles in the center of the park.

I quite like that direct-yet-incisive football myself. I actually prefer it to the patient, tippy-tappy stuff we play now. But then I'm the sort of person who applauds a crunching tackle more than a great through ball.

There were a number of reasons why it went wrong: the post-play-off hangover, the actual hangovers, Hardy getting desperate and splashing cash on stupid signings, and a bit of bad luck in the first few games. It could have been so different.
    I dunno, it had it's moments. We could well do with some of the ''attributes'' we had then.

Quote Originally Posted by Nottscounty1 View Post
    Was Coventry's under 23's coach he left them 2 weeks ago.

Nolan had a decent budget the play off season, got in the play offs and lost in the semi so absolutely no different to NA or IB and played atrocious football. He’d be no more suited to this league as it’s no different to L2. I’m happy with a mix approach on the football, but not to that extreme.

Some obviously never saw Colin Murphy in charge, Cod man, Charlie, even Warnock at the end was dire. Charlie was always at a differnt game to everybody else

Quote Originally Posted by countygump View Post
    I dunno, it had it's moments. We could well do with some of the ''attributes'' we had then.

That game was bonkers. Awful defending from us, but we had the determination to get back into it. A bit like that game against Bristol Rovers in the FA Cup - down two nil early on and then came back to win 4-2. Cracking stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Oldstripy View Post
    Was Coventry's under 23's coach he left them 2 weeks ago.
    We must have worked our way down the list. Best of luck to the bloke if it's him.

Quote Originally Posted by Nottscounty1 View Post
    Where have you got this from mate

I think it’s probably been Tisdale all along. Left 2 weeks ago (why would he leave without a job offer) gone on hols and then back for it to be announced.

Page 51 of 82 FirstFirst ... 41495051525361 ... LastLast