+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Magnificent 7

Magnificent 7

I am loving all the chat about player retention, likely new signings etc but I had a thought - from those currently in the squad, who would be your top 7 starters next year?

I would go with:

Cameron
    Nemane
    Palmer
    Bostock
    Jones
    Reuben
    Langstaff

What do you reckon??

Quote Originally Posted by wiseoldmagpie View Post
    I am loving all the chat about player retention, likely new signings etc but I had a thought - from those currently in the squad, who would be your top 7 starters next year?

I would go with:

Cameron
    Nemane
    Palmer
    Bostock
    Jones
    Reuben
    Langstaff

What do you reckon??
    Bang on the money for me

I would go with:

Cameron
    Nemane
    Palmer
    Bostock
    Jones
    Reuben
    Langstaff

What do you reckon??
    I think both Scott and Austin are good enough for L2 as well. Baldwin as well, if he can cut out the mistakes. Jones is great, but there are still question marks over whether he can last a full 90. His best work has been from the bench so far.

I would go with:

Cameron
    Nemane
    Palmer
    Bostock
    Jones
    Reuben
    Langstaff

What do you reckon??
    All conjecture - best wait till we know what players we have available

I think LW has tremendous admiration for and faith in Baldwin, he is a very likely starter. He’d be in my team for certain.

Those 7, plus Austin, Baldwin & Scott are all capable in my view. I’ve been undecided about Nemane because of his inconsistency and dubious defensive qualities - but he stood up to the test in the play offs and after a shaky 10 mins was one of the shining lights at Wembley.

After that commanding display I’d hope that midfield is constructed around Bostock, if possible, next season. No one has sprayed the ball around like that for Notts since Mark Draper. JB performed whilst some around him faltered, he recognised that he had to sparkle and he delivered a master class performance. He rarely, if ever, gave the ball away with his passing and the 2 occasions he got caught in possession, he won it back. More of that please!

Scott is integral to Langstaff getting chances. Once Scott was out of the side, Langstaff became less prolific. Thus, unless we can find a more effective replacement, I’d start Scott too.

Some pace at the back and/or a more effective LWB, in both defence and attack, plus some support for Langstaff - not sure there is much else to sort out, depending on the retained list, of course.

Baldwin and Brindley have to be on that list, clearly good enough to play at a higher level and both have.
    Scott and Austin are more than capable and chicks also will contribute. We just need some 3 or 4 quality signings and we’re ready to go.

Quote Originally Posted by matt_magpie View Post
    Baldwin and Brindley have to be on that list, clearly good enough to play at a higher level and both have.
    Scott and Austin are more than capable and chicks also will contribute. We just need some 3 or 4 quality signings and we’re ready to go.
    I agree especially about the 3 or 4 quality signings. It doesn't need us to throw the baby out with the bathwater the way I see it. Tweaks are all that is required, just like the previous four seasons.

I don't know what Stockport's recruitment was last summer but for them to have finished 4th on 79 points and be in the playoffs has got to bode well for us. It depends what happens with Langstaff and Rodrigues I guess, but you've got to fancy our chances to be challenging and keep the momentum going.

Trust the Radar.

What do you reckon??
    What a great question. In particular order, for me it's

1. Rodrigues
    2. Langstaff
    3. Baldwin
    4. Cameron
    5. Palmer
    6. Bostock
    7. Nemane

Some other thoughts, if I continued down the list before too long I'd probably get to Tiernan Brooks! I love Cedwyn Scott, he really is a victim of the chosen formation though, in terms of starts and playing time.

Out of the players it depends whether Rodrigues and Langstaff stay, personally think we need a new keeper plus more pace in central defence and a LWB with more attacking intent.
    As regards the actual team LW will swap and change to stop fatigue(sorry Durham)so all those players will be required.
    If Jones signs he will have a pre-season and will be fitter next season there is no doubt he has quality and if Rodders goes could see him stepping into that role.
    I also think Cameron could play LWB as he is a lot better going forward than back and if we don't bring anyone in(which I think they will)him and Chicksen could swap positions.
    The world is our oyster regarding new signings as we have seen the best players in NL this season plus Radar of course where there are players we haven't heard of or thought of
    I liked Ashmore(although not sure about sweeper/keeper),Sowunmi what a centre back quick,big,can pass a ball,Ndelu what a beast who knows where the net is, Dallas good movement knows where the net is.
    These are just a few players who wouldn't be too expensive - I'm really looking forward to pre-season and the new season.

Quote Originally Posted by Proactive not Reactive View Post
    Sowunmi what a centre back quick,big,can pass a ball
    Been thinking the same.

As for Ashmore, no doubt he has ability, and I don't know if this is fair, but he doesn't look in tip-top shape to me

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast