+ Visit Newcastle United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 311121314 LastLast

Thread: Botman

Certainly dont want Broja or Calvert Lewin

Meanwhile, over on Clowns 'R' Us, they are suggesting-in all seriousness-that we're pushing the Batman angle because the Saudis are unhappy about him being called Bot-man (because of connotations that only exist in their tiny minds)

Surely the stupidest fanbase on the planet?

****en hell.

I did see they were talking about how Roberts would destroy him.

It's almost funny, were it not so embarrassing for them.

Their family does business with the government of Abu Dhabi, Who also have human rights abuse cases.

A Lille statement read: "Have a good trip champ! Sven was still just 20 when he signed for Lille from Ajax and it was his first season with the professionals.

"He instantly demonstrated his solidity and ease in the heart of the Lille defence and formed a partnership with the more experienced José Fonte. In his first season he was used 47 times in the 2020/21 campaign. In his second year he was a major player and helped Lille to the quarter-finals of the Champions League.

"He was called up by the Dutch national team a few months ago and now starts a new chapter with Newcastle, a club with a long tradition of ex-Lille players in Yohan Cabaye, Mathieu Debuchy, David Rozehnal, Loic Remy and Patrick Kluivert. He will leave Lille with the memory of a very high-level defender who left his mark on the club."

Lille thanks Sven Botman for his performance and his professionalism in the Lille jersey throughout these two rich seasons and wishes him the best for his new adventure on the other side of the channel."

-------------

This is proper decent by Lille, shows real class.

Quote Originally Posted by MidsMagpie View Post
    Certainly dont want Broja or Calvert Lewin
    Ooh, wouldn’t mind Broja, he looks a beast and he’s 20! Agree about Calvert Lewin though.

Aye, I think Broja would be good.

As for Calvert-Lewin, he's lost his way massively but I would back Eddie Howe to get the best out of him. Not sure he'd come here, mind-I think he'd consider it a bit of a sideways step (obviously not in terms of potential)

SkySports are saying we're interested in getting Broja on loan. I can't say i noticed him that much last season but if Eddie wants him so do i!

Loan would be good-means we could spend decent money elsewhere (wide man?)...someone to replace Shelvey?

Broja did alright at Southampton, as did Emmanuel Dennis at Watford but lets be honest, none are better than Wilson. We need a piece of dynamite about to be a star. Hlozek, Vlahovic, Felix, Haaland that kind of player.

Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 311121314 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)