+ Visit Newcastle United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Botman

Incidentally, if it is £39 million...have we just bought a player whose value is more than the market value of sunderland afc?

Again.

Quote Originally Posted by Zippity View Post
    Incidentally, if it is £39 million...have we just bought a player whose value is more than the market value of sunderland afc?

Again.
    They were valued at around £30 million in May but that was whilst they were still in League One....they're probably worth £31 million now so yes!

I love the way we are building from the back with the odd sprinkling of gold dust - Bruno, Paquetá (maybe)? A sensible, measured approach.

Quote Originally Posted by bix01 View Post
    I love the way we are building from the back with the odd sprinkling of gold dust - Bruno, Paquetá (maybe)? A sensible, measured approach.
    That was my point exactly with the Harry Maguire post! We're not throwing money around stupidly

Quote Originally Posted by Alberts__Lob View Post
    That was my point exactly with the Harry Maguire post! We're not throwing money around stupidly
    Totally agree mate, you’ve had shìt loads of valid points on this sort of topic - another night owl like me

The most impressive things about this Batman signing are the price and our seriousness.

Would have never happened under Fat Pig. We are still so far away from FFP numbers, it's hard to believe.

I hope that we're keeping our powder dry for a decent striker

Romano saying it's a done deal. Ekitike more complicated but perhaps seeing Botman come here will influence his decision?

Name:  lololololololol.jpg
Views: 214
Size:  80.9 KB

Quote Originally Posted by trinitoon View Post
    The most impressive things about this Batman signing are the price and our seriousness.

Would have never happened under Fat Pig. We are still so far away from FFP numbers, it's hard to believe.

I hope that we're keeping our powder dry for a decent striker
    Considering these players would of been attainable for us under Ashley. It just goes to show he had no intention of building a good team.

If the deal goes through, then we’ll have an amazing defense… 2 good keepers (Pope will probably edge it to first choice) and then Tripps / Burn / Botman / Targett… that’s a quality foundation for a team!

Signing Botman will be a big factor in any remaining deals, not sure how much is left in the kitty, but if we brought in Ekitike (or another) and Diaby, then we would have a team that is very capable of finishing top 8.

Obviously we will have injuries etc, so can’t assume we’ll have our best team available all season, but it’s such a positive thing to think we might not be desperate for signings on transfer deadline day for a change 😁

Yep- a winger and a striker and we've got a very decent team.

Hopefully Eddie can get the best out of Joe Willock, too, to share Bruno's attacking workload a bit.

Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)