+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Burchnall parting message

Absolutely. He had a win ratio of 51%, better than Sirrel. Apart from Cotteril you have to go back decades to find a better %. Furthermore, I cannot recall a home game I have not been entertained when he has been in charge, unlike with his his predecessor where I was losing the will to live.

Quote Originally Posted by cher1 View Post
    Well put Pedro, agree with all of that.
    Me too.

Hope FGR do well with him, will look with interest at their results next season.

Quote Originally Posted by sinophile View Post
    Absolutely. He had a win ratio of 51%, better than Sirrel.
    Stats eh? I don't think Sirrel had many games against the likes of Dover, Wealdstone, King's Lynn etc.

Absolutely. He had a win ratio of 51%, better than Sirrel. Apart from Cotteril you have to go back decades to find a better %. Furthermore, I cannot recall a home game I have not been entertained when he has been in charge, unlike with his his predecessor where I was losing the will to live.
    To compare IB to Sirrell i think you have lost the plot , god they must be some rose coloured spectacles you have on, or are you on drugs ??

Yet his predecessor has secured two 3rd place positions to IB,s two 5th place finishes
    Yes a win rate of 51% at level 5, but more imoportantly 4 clubs were better

Quote Originally Posted by Davy500 View Post
    To compare IB to Sirrell i think you have lost the plot , god they must be some rose coloured spectacles you have on, or are you on drugs ??

Yet his predecessor has secured two 3rd place positions to IB,s two 5th place finishes
    Yes a win rate of 51% at level 5, but more imoportantly 4 clubs were better
    Steve Cooper has currently got a better win % at Fword than Brian Clough had, but I doubt even their fans would be daft enough to claim he is a better manager.

I'm sorry you don't like the win% stat. Of courser, Sirrel is an absolute legend and we will never know if IB would have gone on to achieve as many promotions. The point is, people are doing a total disservice to IB, and I don't think that is right.

Quote Originally Posted by upthemaggies View Post
    Steve Cooper has currently got a better win % at Fword than Brian Clough had, but I doubt even their fans would be daft enough to claim he is a better manager.
    Blimey, the delusion of some supporters,

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    Stats eh? I don't think Sirrel had many games against the likes of Dover, Wealdstone, King's Lynn etc.
    Absolutely. It surely has to be relevant to which division you are in? Sirrel didn't win that many games in the top flight, but getting us there and keeping us there for several seasons was an absolute triumph by any measure. You have to compare eggs with eggs for it to be a fair comparison.

Quote Originally Posted by Davy500 View Post
    It's a pretty ridiculous use of stats to try and distort what really happened. This league was competitive at the top end, but also it really was piss weak at the bottom end. Seven clubs won at least 50% of their games, and four of them won more than us. Is a 51% win record really that impressive when you consider that half of our games were against Dover, Weymouth, King's Lynn, Aldershot, Eastleigh, Barnet, Maidenhead, Wealdstone, Woking, Altrincham and Yeovil?

That's why those at the top got got so many points, because those at the bottom were dire.

I'm sorry you don't like the win% stat. Of courser, Sirrel is an absolute legend and we will never know if IB would have gone on to achieve as many promotions. The point is, people are doing a total disservice to IB, and I don't think that is right.
    Why are we doing IB a disservice??

He has done nothing, achieved two 5th place finishes, lost twice in the play offs - did worse this year than last- . Lost to poor outfits like aldershot, eastleigh and Bromley etc
    What planet are you on ?? We will never know if IB hwould have gone on to get as many promotions as Sirrell , he had a lot to do, get us to the top flight and keep us there for 4 or more sesons

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast