+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread: Burchnall parting message

Quote Originally Posted by Warnocks Legends View Post
    A 51% win ratio against wealdstone, Maidenhead, Barnet etc. Please do not soil the legacy of Notts greatest ever manager by claiming Burchnall was even fit to lace his boots. What do you honestly think Burchnalls win ratio would have been in the top division and championship like Jimmy was most of his time.
    To be fair to sinophile, I think he was just trying to say that some of the reaction to Burchnall's departure on here doesn't really do him justice.

Maybe not, but the comparison with Sir Jimmy touched a nerve with a few of us!

Interesting to read the range of opinions on Burchnall. Who knows what a different manager would have achieved with us last season eh?

Whilst opinions may differ on him as our manager, he always came across as decent, thoughtful and intelligent. I hope he goes on to have lots of success.

The thing that I find saddest of all is that we've had our manager poached by Forest Green Rovers as they offer a young aspiring manager a greater opportunity than Notts can currently. That's heartbreaking.

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    This really is hard work, and I can't make it any clearer without drawing pictures. I've explained in detail that in my opinion there is no way we should finish below half the teams in this division. Apart from us there are 22 other teams, so 22 becomes 11. Am I going to fast for you? On that basis 5th is mid-table, 8th is just above the drop zone so in a Notts sense 10th would be equivalent to a relegation season. If you want to compare us as equals with Dover Athletic, this won't make any sense to you because in a literal sense 10th obviously wouldn't mean relegation. I prefer to think we have a bit more chance than Dover Athletic.

It took a while, but I think we're getting there. So 8th is definitely above mid-table, but you wouldn't be happy with it. So you are obviously looking at what Notts can reasonably expect rather than what an average NL team can expect.

That's exactly what 'IN A NOTTS SENSE' means!
    That's great you could of just said "yes, 10th = relegation" but you do it your way lol.

Until today I've never heard anyone use the phrase "Notts sense" until you did and I certainly haven't linked it to traditional league positions of champions, playoffs, top half, middle table, lower half, relegation zone. You know the ones football fans use.

The best part is the guy who claimed 5th was mid-table never qualified it as in a "Notts sense". Tut tut, if he had this would have all made sense. But he didn't lol

We've got great owners, they are one of the best ever, in a 'Notts sense' because they pay the milk bill on time.

I think I'm going to use 'Notts sense' quite a bit next season will come in useful

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    To be fair to sinophile, I think he was just trying to say that some of the reaction to Burchnall's departure on here doesn't really do him justice.

Maybe not, but the comparison with Sir Jimmy touched a nerve with a few of us!
    Fair point elite, I will agree your view does make a lot of sense, just touched a raw nerve.

Quote Originally Posted by laddo View Post
    That's great you could of just said "yes, 10th = relegation" but you do it your way lol.

Until today I've never heard anyone use the phrase "Notts sense" until you did and I certainly haven't linked it to traditional league positions of champions, playoffs, top half, middle table, lower half, relegation zone. You know the ones football fans use.

The best part is the guy who claimed 5th was mid-table never qualified it as in a "Notts sense". Tut tut, if he had this would have all made sense. But he didn't lol

We've got great owners, they are one of the best ever, in a 'Notts sense' because they pay the milk bill on time.

I think I'm going to use 'Notts sense' quite a bit next season will come in useful
    Told you before, (and you’ve been warned not long ago) stop baiting people and just accept people have different opinions to yours rather than constantly trying to take the piss out of people, this forum would be a lot better place without your childish comments.

Quote Originally Posted by laddo View Post

'In a Notts sense' is something you would make up when clutching at straws.

'In a Liverpool sense' they finished in the relegation zone!

The annoying thing is that bar a stupid push in the back, we would be discussing a play-off semi tomorrow.

That's how fine it was.

Quote Originally Posted by Warnocks Legends View Post
    Fair point elite, I will agree your view does make a lot of sense, just touched a raw nerve.
    Like comparing apples and pears, just look at the level of opponents. Bleddy ridiculous to compare IB with Sir Jimmy.

Quote Originally Posted by magpie_mania View Post

The annoying thing is that bar a stupid push in the back, we would be discussing a play-off semi tomorrow.

That's how fine it was.
    Simple. We failed. Playoffs is not the traget, just a step on the way up.

Quote Originally Posted by keldsyke View Post
    Told you before, (and you’ve been warned not long ago) stop baiting people and just accept people have different opinions to yours rather than constantly trying to take the piss out of people, this forum would be a lot better place without your childish comments.
    What about other people's childish comments and obvious batting? Don't they count.
    If people can take the p!ss out of the players and managers past and present so freely , aren't we allowed to take the p!ss out out of the fans?*

* In a Notts Sense of course

Quote Originally Posted by magpie_mania View Post

That's how fine it was.
    You call it "clutching straws" which it is, call it "a stretch".

Lots of ridiculous comments made on here as highlighted by others, I just wanted to add in a few more that conveniently were ignored.

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast