+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast

Thread: O/T Mega Poptastic Pop Quiz (22)

Quote Originally Posted by great_fire View Post
    26. David Bowie - Fame
    Also correct

This is a wild guess.

38. Gilbert O' Sullivan - Alone Again Naturally.

Quote Originally Posted by great_fire View Post
    This is a wild guess.

38. Gilbert O' Sullivan - Alone Again Naturally.
    No, that's not right.

38. Adele- Hello

What’s left?

Quote Originally Posted by Brin View Post
    38. Adele- Hello

What’s left?
    Correct.

In post 67 there were 3.5 left and 2.5 have now gone so have a guess? Just No25 left

25. Some petula Clark song

Quote Originally Posted by millersrus View Post
    25. Some petula Clark song
    Aaah! Checked with Mrs CT on the Pet Clark songs and she immediately said ‘My Love’

Well done Mrs. CT in finally bringing this one to a close and an end to the list of UK artists that had or featured on US No1 hits. I left out most of the ones in the 21st Century and judging on how long the ones I did include survived it was a good job I did

1. Well, the rain exploded with a mighty crash As we fell into the sun Band On The Run Wings
    2. We learn to live, when we learn to give Each other what we need to survive, together alive Ebony and Ivory Paul McCartney/Stevie Wonder
    3. Set me free why don't cha babe Get out my life why don't cha babe You Keep Me Hanging On Kim Wilde
    4. Now all the things That we've been through If You Don't Know Me By Now Simply Red
    5. Maybe you'll believe me When I'm finally through, through, through, through I'm Telling You Now Freddie and the Dreamers
    6. And I asked someone who said "'Bout a hundred cops are dead!" The Night Chicago Died Paper Lace
    7. If you say run I'll run with you Let's Dance David Bowie
    8. I said, yeah (yeah), yeah (yeah), yeah (yeah), yeah (yeah), yeah (yeah), yeah (yeah) Mony Mony Billy Idol
    9. I'll always be true So please Love Me Do The Beatles
    10. She wants to return those things I bought her Tell her she can keep them just the same Mrs. Brown You've Got A Lovely Daughter Herman's Hermits
    11. All around in my home town They're trying to track me down I Shot The Sheriff Eric Clapton
    12. Everybody's looking for something Sweet Dreams (Are Made Of This) Eurythmics
    13. Before this river becomes an ocean Before you throw my heart back on the floor Faith George Michael
    14. 'Cause she's always there behind you, just to remind you Two Hearts Phil Collins
    15. Don't hang around boy two's a crowd Get Off Of My Cloud The Rolling Stones
    16. Where rocking horse people eat marshmallow pies Lucy In The Sky With Diamonds Elton John
    17. Shake, shake yourself You're every move you make So the story goes Owner of a Lonely Heart Yes
    18. To do it, to do it, to do it, to do it, to do it To do it right, child Got My Mind Set On You George Harrison
    19. Thinking of the fear I've had so long When somebody hears Holding Back The Years Simply Red
    20. This dance is gonna be a drag Over and Over The Dave Clark Five
    21. You're telling me lies, yeah Good lovin' Still gets in my eyes Jive Talkin' Bee Gees
    22. And there's nothin' left here to remind me, just the memory of your face Against All Odds (Take A Look At Me Now) Phil Collins
    23. And I can't help myself She Drives Me Crazy Fine Young Cannibals
    24. He buys her diamond rings, you know She said so I Feel Fine The Beatles
    25. You are always on my mind no matter what I do And everyday it seems I want you more My Love Petula Clark
    26. What's your name? What's your name? What's your name?... Fame David Bowie
    27. I'm on a ride and I want to get off But they won't slow down the roundabout The Reflex Duran Duran
    28. Darling, so it goes Some things are meant to be Can't Help Falling In Love UB40
    29. Behind the shelter in the middle of a roundabout A pretty nurse is selling poppies from a tray Penny Lane The Beatles
    30. You stood and you watched as My baby left town Winchester Cathedral The New Vaudeville Band
    31. Right from the start I gave you my heart Don't Go Breaking My Heart Elton John/Kiki Dee
    32. And our hearts they beat as one No more love on the run Caribbean Queen Billy Ocean
    33. The scars of your love remind me of us They keep me thinking that we almost had it all Rolling In The Deep Adele
    34. Why she had to go I don't know she wouldn't say Yesterday The Beatles
    35. Who could hang a name on you? When you change with every new day Still I'm gonna miss you Ruby Tuesday The Rolling Stones
    36. Don't say a word my virgin child Just let your inhibitions run wild Tonight's The Night Rod Stewart
    37. I should've known better than to cheat a friend Careless Whisper George Michael
    38. I'm in California dreaming about who we used to be Hello Adele
    39. My independence seems to vanish in the haze Help The Beatles
    40. I really want to know you Really want to go with you My Sweet Lord George Harrison
    41. I'm in a spin, you know Shakin' on string, you know You Make Me Feel Like Dancing Leo Sayer
    42. Until we dance into the fire That fatal kiss is all we need A View To A Kill Duran Duran
    43. Cup of Ace, cup of Goose, cup of Cris Fancy Iggy Azalea featuring Charli XCX
    44. Our life together is so precious together (Just Like) Starting Over John Lennon
    45. The mornin' sun when it's in your face really shows your age Maggie May Rod Stewart
    46. And you come to me on a summer breeze Keep me warm in your love, then you softly leave How Deep Is Your Love Bee Gees
    47. When the words of a love song Touch the very heart of me There'll Be Sad Songs (To Make You Cry) Billy Ocean
    48. Get up, get down, put your hands up to the sound Party Rock Anthem LMFAO featuring Lauren Bennett
    49. Now, I bet your mama was a tent show queen And all her boyfriends were sweet 16 Brown Sugar The Rolling Stones
    50. Had an old gold Chevy and a place of my own But the biggest kick I ever got Crocodile Rock Elton John
    51. The willow turns his back on inclement weather And if he can do it, we can do it With A Little Luck Wings
    52. And now it seems I'm falling, falling for her Invisible Touch Phil Collins
    53. Yellow diamonds in the light Now we're standing side by side We Found Love Rhianna featuring Calvin Harris
    54. I ain't got nothin' but love, babe Eight Days A Week The Beatles
    55. Ooh, when we kissed I could not stop You're Six**** Ringo Starr
    56. We don't need no thought control Another Brick In The Wall Pink Floyd
    57. She's got it Yeah, baby, she's got it Venus Bananarama
    58. She's got blisters on the soles of her feet She can't walk but she's trying Another Day In Paradise Phil Collins
    59. Are you ready hey are you ready for this? Are you hanging on the edge of your seat? Another One Bites The Dust Queen
    60. She's got electric boots a mohair suit You know I read it in a magazine oh Bennie and the Jets Elton John

CAM, thanks once again for a sterling quiz.

Good quiz as always and an interesting look at the evolution of pop music by UK artists in the US.

We're all pretty familiar with the way the Beatles, The Stones, Elton John and The Bee Gees really caught on in the States and became established artists. These last two quizzes reflect that. But I never knew that, for example, Billy Idol was so popular here. He still tours extensively in the US (albeit in fairly small venues) and his family actually spent four years living in the New York area when he was a small boy - according to Wiki. Petula Clark is another one who I never knew was massively well known.

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast