+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: £400 for Everyone!

£400 for Everyone!

Why the f uck should everyone get this £400!! So Sunak can get it and a footballer on £250K a week can get it!! Madness! Sunak goes one step further and says those that don’t need the £400 can give it to charity! Does this daft c unt think anyone will give this money to charity! Ask a tradesman - those modest houses where they work get coffees on tap and real appreciation where the rich houses they get nothing! Most of those who are loaded are real tight miserable t wats!

Surely this £400 should be calculated on an income cap ie you don’t need it if a joint income is say 150 plus grand per year! Same with everything else - for those who are wealthy why are they picking up state pensions - free prescriptions etc etc. There was a lottery winner who won quite a few million and he still collected his state pension - that’s sick!

Why are wealthy pensioners getting anything when large families who are struggling will get less!! Wealthy pensioners again should get nothing!!!

So give nothing to those who don’t need it and give more to those who do. Not difficult!
    Last edited by baggieal; 27-05-2022 at 05:03 PM.

You're quite correct Al, even those who I would class as middle earners don't desperately require it. I consider my wife and I in this bracket as both of us receive teachers' pensions, state pensions, have no mortgage, and inherited a little money from our respective parents. Yes, the money will be very acceptable but it's not a matter of heating or eating and if we didn't get it our lives are still comfortable. Compare that to those who take on low paid jobs, often both husband and wife, and trying to bring up a family. They need it more than we do so if we can survive comfortably without it why are the high earners receiving it? To me, it doesn't make sense.

I don’t see why those of us who’ve paid in for donkeys years shouldn’t take the money.

People seem to forget, this is our money the government handle!

They handle it so badly in general and waste so much that I’d rather make my own decision on what to do with the cash.

If people want to give it to charity then that’s great, if they don’t then that’s up to them.

Quote Originally Posted by mickd1961 View Post
    I don’t see why those of us who’ve paid in for donkeys years shouldn’t take the money.

People seem to forget, this is our money the government handle!

They handle it so badly in general and waste so much that I’d rather make my own decision on what to do with the cash.

If people want to give it to charity then that’s great, if they don’t then that’s up to them.

But you don’t need the money Mick more than many that do - me included! The money should all go to those living in poverty and can’t afford to eat or heat. Some have two jobs but still can’t manage! Why does anyone on a joint salary of 150K plus need this!

Same with state pensions this should be asset based too like any government help. Sunak and the very wealthy picking up government freebies turns my stomach!

The point is very few will give this to charity as many with money are tight miserable t wats. I know more people who have nothing who are far happier in life and their outlook than those who are really comfortable.

As Des said the best things in life are free! I give a lot to charities and will donate this £400 but will many others?

The world is full of greed. Take Ukraine - there’s an easy way to stop Putin but it won’t happen!

The best quality to pass on to any kids in my book is kindness and giving. I ensure my young daughter regularly gives to registered charities even if it’s £5 a month. Selfishness is disgusting and more associated with those who have money!

Don't think I will get it. Unless buying Oil has a rebate somehow. We don't have an electric or Gas account because the electric is paid to the Farm. No Gas, just Oil for heating which has doubled so We could do with it for sure.

I trust myself to do good with the money more than the government and like I say, it’s OUR money anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by mickd1961 View Post
    I trust myself to do good with the money more than the government and like I say, it’s OUR money anyway.

You could always increase your well-being with the £400 and buy a season ticket😂

Sunak will appreciate the £400 as the mrs is only a poor non dom!

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)