+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Todays fan engagement forum

Quote Originally Posted by animallittle3 View Post
    On further reflection from last night's events I'd like point out that in reality three deck chairs have been removed and replaced by two others .

Whether these deck chairs reside on the Titanic remains to be seen .

We've now got an inexperienced Chairman and an inexperienced CEO with a number of mistakes already on his cv .

Compounded by having to negotiate one of the most important summer's in the club's history and without a pot to pyss in .

Now one or two may want to call that out as Negativity but whether we like it or not those are the facts .

A polite smiling new chairman doesn't change those facts one jot .

I have a solution because in my opinion we are crying out for some proper old fashioned football brains and competence .

Someone who is experienced , has connections at various levels of football and can forge a link between the HC and the Board .

An advisor on recruitment , a sounding board on tactics and every other footballing scenario that inevitably crop up .

Appoint a Director of Football and even better offer the role to Mick McCarthy .
    That's a very good call Animal. However, it also has to be said that decision making isn't down to Parekh alone. It's the board of directors agreeing in unison or by majority surely. Of course the same could be argued about James Cryne, Jean Cryne and Julie Ann with their inexperience and genuine lack of football knowledge.

The key here is learning through their own mistakes and receiving constructive criticism and taking it on board. Parekh did try balancing certain questions which I kind of liked but didn't like if you know what I mean. For me, being a business owner isn't about blowing smoke up your own arse by pointing out the success stories in an ailing business, it's about focusing on what we have got wrong and improving on that to make the ship watertight so to speak.

As you quite rightly say, a good director of football with a vast knowledge of the game and some healthy input would surely help the club going forward. Great shout is that 👍

There is definitely a big gap in the boardroom in relation to forming links within English football.
    Patrick knew what he was doing when he brought Maurice Watkins in.
    Someone like that would be highly beneficial.

He gets some flak on here does 'Cyrille'.😛

I got fed up of trying to listen to the meeting, the sound quality wasn't up to much.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123