+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Todays fan engagement forum

Todays fan engagement forum

Just watched the first 40 minutes up to the first break.

If anyone has taken notes then it would be appreciated if you could put them on here as I haven’t a clue regarding any of the questions or answers.

Do I need a new iPad ?

Quote Originally Posted by POGGYWELL View Post
    Just watched the first 40 minutes up to the first break.

If anyone has taken notes then it would be appreciated if you could put them on here as I haven’t a clue regarding any of the questions or answers.

Do I need a new iPad ?
    Yep - with yer on that Poggy.
    Switched it off because it wasn’t clear what was being said.
    It would have been better if just one person were asking clear questions.
    But then again - if it was only one person asking the questions then some would be calling it a fix.

Watched the whole forum after finding out it was live on YouTube five minutes before it started .

Why wasn't this information given out earlier ?

In bullet point form .

The data and analytics model will be re-launched .

We went away from it previously .

Older more experienced players will be signed to help and lead the young lads .

The board have put in to the club £1m within the last week .

More money will be put in as and if required .

Plenty of other stuff regarding the catering and fan experience but the usual talk of improvement .

Watched the last heyf hour whilst also watching Lancs-v-Yorks cricket.

Some bloke keeps saying, "Great question" burra can't hear what's being asked.

Parekh's heart seems to be in it but little new said. I wonder if the £1 million injection of funds will be used to cover Conway taking £750K out to pay an instalment of the "purchase".

Cheers Animal.

Quote Originally Posted by SBRed48 View Post
    Watched the last heyf hour whilst also watching Lancs-v-Yorks cricket.

Some bloke keeps saying, "Great question" burra can't hear what's being asked.

Parekh's heart seems to be in it but little new said. I wonder if the £1 million injection of funds will be used to cover Conway taking £750K out to pay an instalment of the "purchase".
    It was in the form of equity SB , not entirely certain what that means .

Looks like the court case is still on- going and he couldn't comment on it what so ever , read in to that what you will .

That said there didn't seem to be a great deal of love for Conway and Lee , it was what he didn't say rather than what he did if that makes sense .

The £750k sounds pretty complex to me , I don't understand it at all after hearing Parekh commenting on it who seemed satisfied by it both legally and morally .

I'm in choosing my games territory after tonight .

Parekh has as at least got me up one level from staying away altogether .

The ST will depend on actions .

Quote Originally Posted by animallittle3 View Post
    I'm in choosing my games territory after tonight .

Parekh has as at least got me up one level from staying away altogether .

The ST will depend on actions .
    Yes I’m in the same camp.
    Not going to press the ST button until I can see how things are progressing.

I do however get the feeling that Neerav has seen the mistakes of the last 4 years and realises where the changes need to be made.
    It’s quite exciting times.
    Just waiting for things to start to materialise.

It’s a chicken and egg scenario.
    What comes first ST sales or a good squad?

Usually it’s the ST sales that produces the good squad.
    But after the foul up of last season I think the new leadership will have to accept that this time it’s got to be a good squad that comes before ST sales.

Right I've found out what raising cash by equity means .

More shares have been created and those shares were bought by the current shareholders .

Not necessarily everyone who has a stake in the club .

I take it as read that Conway , Lee and Hung won't have bought any of the new shares made available .

However what it does is twofold , firstly it provides the business with cash .

Secondly those current shareholders who haven't bought any of the newly created shares have now had their stake diluted .

A £1m worth of shares in Barnsley Football Club would in my humble opinion be a decent amount of shares given we aren't exactly Manchester United trading on the New York stock exchange .

I'd like to see the percentage of shares now owned by the respective shareholders following tonight's news at the forum .

I suspect Parekh has significantly increased his stake .

I also suspect that the £1m raised is pyssing in the Atlantic and has provided the club with some working cash .

Nothing much more than that .

I think further funding will have to be made available to keep the club afloat .

I wouldn't expect the recruitment budget to be great this summer .

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast