+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 51 of 77 FirstFirst ... 41495051525361 ... LastLast

Thread: Covid vaccinations - the legacy?

Have any of you heard of the band 5 times august who sang about all this ?

Actually pretty good tunes as well as a serious message. I think they did a full album on it 10 or 11 songs

An example is here https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=USMBS7u8Bes

Really good album IMO

Quote Originally Posted by kritichris View Post
    Looks like the masks are coming back as covid and Flu are stretching the NHS to breaking point. Are all these hospitalisations unjabbed folks, no-one seems to be saying (and that apllies to Covid and the Flu)? However the 12000 beds taken up by fit patients far exceeds the number of new flu and covid cases.
    Watch and you'll have your answer I guess

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rh7I7fKmzT0

Keep them all coming folks, it's very comforting that many will die from worrying about what may or may not happen to them.
    With any luck they will all stay at home to avoid possible problems so that the roads will be much quieter when the railways are on strike and the shops will be much quieter for those of us who can be bothered to do our own food shopping instead of having it delivered.
    It certainly doesn't take much to put the wind up folk.

Edited to say that there is bugger all you can do about it so why worry?

"Now it's no beds, no operations and lie on a gurney in A & E and die."

Just another winter's day in our 'envy of the world' NHS. Should have been privatised years ago, about the only thing St Margaret got wrong, for once in her life she listened to Lefties, big mistake Maggie.

Quote Originally Posted by Untinted Glasses View Post
    It was totally not sensible TBH. Restaurants and the likes did away with their early bird offerings and pushed all their prices up. Screwing both the customer and the government/our taxes
    That was our experience with it all any way. Lots and lots were complaining.
    "The COVID-19 pandemic resulted in a significant economic impacts, especially in the hospitality sector, due to a decline in tourism and leisurely activities. Many sectors were ordered to close and the public to stay at home to reduce the spread of COVID-19 during lockdowns. Changes in consumer behaviour during the pandemic also resulted in the hospitality sector continuing to suffer losses after lockdowns were lifted. The Eat Out to Help Out scheme was designed to increase demand in the hospitality industry and encourage spending consumer behaviours.[2]

Scheme and impact
    The scheme was announced by Rishi Sunak, the Chancellor of the Exchequer, on 8 July 2020 as part of the British government's Plan for Jobs strategy.[1][9] It involved the government subsidising food and non-alcoholic drinks at participating cafes, pubs, and restaurants, where the food and drinks were consumed on the premises. The subsidy was for 50% of the order, up to £10 per person (per order). The offer was available from 3 to 31 August, from Monday to Wednesday each week.[2][3][10] There were no limits on how many times an individual could use the discount.[1]

The scheme led to a significant increase in restaurant visits during August, which were greater than the visits during the corresponding period a year prior (in August 2019).[2] Participation in recreational activities was also increased by 5–6% on the days the scheme was active.[10] Staff recruitment in the food service industry–measured by job postings–had increased by 7% to 14%, an increase not detected in other industries.[10]"

As described above, it was conceived to address serious problems in the hospitality sector, and it worked. We were eating out 2/3 times a week during August, I never saw any price increases in the restaurants we were using, just lots of happy people having a good time after months of lockdown lunacy. The only complaints I saw were the usual Lefty malcontents in the Grauniad, and when they moan about something you can be sure it's a good thing.

Quote Originally Posted by sinkov View Post
    "The COVID-19 pandemic resulted in a significant economic impacts, especially in the hospitality sector, due to a decline in tourism and leisurely activities. Many sectors were ordered to close and the public to stay at home to reduce the spread of COVID-19 during lockdowns. Changes in consumer behaviour during the pandemic also resulted in the hospitality sector continuing to suffer losses after lockdowns were lifted. The Eat Out to Help Out scheme was designed to increase demand in the hospitality industry and encourage spending consumer behaviours.[2]

Scheme and impact
    The scheme was announced by Rishi Sunak, the Chancellor of the Exchequer, on 8 July 2020 as part of the British government's Plan for Jobs strategy.[1][9] It involved the government subsidising food and non-alcoholic drinks at participating cafes, pubs, and restaurants, where the food and drinks were consumed on the premises. The subsidy was for 50% of the order, up to £10 per person (per order). The offer was available from 3 to 31 August, from Monday to Wednesday each week.[2][3][10] There were no limits on how many times an individual could use the discount.[1]

The scheme led to a significant increase in restaurant visits during August, which were greater than the visits during the corresponding period a year prior (in August 2019).[2] Participation in recreational activities was also increased by 5–6% on the days the scheme was active.[10] Staff recruitment in the food service industry–measured by job postings–had increased by 7% to 14%, an increase not detected in other industries.[10]"

As described above, it was conceived to address serious problems in the hospitality sector, and it worked. We were eating out 2/3 times a week during August, I never saw any price increases in the restaurants we were using, just lots of happy people having a good time after months of lockdown lunacy. The only complaints I saw were the usual Lefty malcontents in the Grauniad, and when they moan about something you can be sure it's a good thing.
    I look back on the whole fiasco in wonderment. Covid was running rampant and we were all subsidised to go out and get infected.

My favourite one was when we took the family out for my granddaughter's 10th birthday to the Harvester Pub in Horwich. The place was rammed, not a mask in sight, we had the lot, starters, mains and desserts, as much ale as we could sup, the bill for eight came to about £80.00.

That's why I still have a sweet spot for Rishi!

Bonkers hardly covered it.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post
    I look back on the whole fiasco in wonderment. Covid was running rampant and we were all subsidised to go out and get infected.
    Are you Councillor Jim in disguise ? A Lockdown Loon and Mask Moron ? Covid running rampant ? Don't you mean we let it rip ?

Quote Originally Posted by sinkov View Post
    Are you Councillor Jim in disguise ? A Lockdown Loon and Mask Moron ? Covid running rampant ? Don't you mean we let it rip ?
    I never needed hindsight to tell the Councillor and the professor they were talking bollox mon ami.

I seem to recall you were on my side with that particular argument, but you still surrendered to Blow Job's propaganda machine.

Honest question with no hidden agenda, do you personally believe Johnson really had Covid?

Attachment 23163

Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post
    I never needed hindsight to tell the Councillor and the professor they were talking bollox mon ami.

I seem to recall you were on my side with that particular argument, but you still surrendered to Blow Job's propaganda machine.

Honest question with no hidden agenda, do you personally believe Johnson really had Covid?

Attachment 23163

Apologies as this was not intended for me BUT Absolutely he never had covid.I have spoken about this a few ties recently. Its common sense, if you were so poorly and I remember the news saying "he might pull through" then you would be definitely scared about ever getting it again. That's just a fact isn't it.

So you would not be throwing drinking parties some months after would you.

That for me in its self says it was just bull **** and part of the fear factor. To be honest at that time I was believing in it all, they did a good job. But then things just started getting silly didn't it.

Quote Originally Posted by Untinted Glasses View Post
    Apologies as this was not intended for me BUT Absolutely he never had covid.I have spoken about this a few ties recently. Its common sense, if you were so poorly and I remember the news saying "he might pull through" then you would be definitely scared about ever getting it again. That's just a fact isn't it.

So you would not be throwing drinking parties some months after would you.

That for me in its self says it was just bull **** and part of the fear factor. To be honest at that time I was believing in it all, they did a good job. But then things just started getting silly didn't it.
    About sums up my position perfectly U-G. I don't know who is actually in charge upstairs but I am ever so grateful to Him for eventually sending me an ally.

Page 51 of 77 FirstFirst ... 41495051525361 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)