+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: NL Play Off Semis - Predictions etc

NL Play Off Semis - Predictions etc

I suppose the scouting of next season's opposition begins now, if it didn't on Tuesday.

Wrexham v Grimsby - I expect Wrexham to wipe the floor with them, showing what a focussed, non-distracted, positive thinking can do (i.e. attacking options on the bench, no full-backs asked to be wingers)

Solihull v Chesterfield. The Spireites are scrappy, but I think Solihull have better players. Ardley to his 2nd NL play-off final.
    Last edited by the_anticlough; 28-05-2022 at 07:34 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by the_anticlough View Post
    I suppose the scouting of next season's opposition begins now, if it didn't on Tuesday.

Wrexham v Grimsby - I expect Wrexham to wipe the floor with them, showing what a focussed, non-distracted, positive thinking can do (i.e. attacking options on the bench, no full-backs asked to be wingers)

Solihull v Chesterfield. The Spireites are scrappy, but I think Solihull have better players. Ardley to his 2nd NL play-off final.
    I'm expecting 2 very tight matches that could easily go either way. The only time I've seen a team ''wipe the floor'' with their opponent is when we've been playing and sadly we tend to be the wipeee rather than the wiper.

Wrexham to beat Solihull in the final.

Quote Originally Posted by Frigiliana Pie 1 View Post
    I hope you're right. I backed Notts Co, Stockport County and Wrexham ante-post. Obviously I lost with you but got lucky when Stockport replaced Rusk with Challinor. The money Parkinson has been allowed to spend should have seen Wrexham to promotion but we all know football doesn't always work like that. If he fails Phil deserves firing.

Wrexham win. Even at 8/11 I can't resist

Grimsby v Solihull final. Ardley gets back into the league

Who gives a sh1t?

Quote Originally Posted by irishpete View Post
    Grimsby v Solihull final. Ardley gets back into the league
    I'm gonna go for a Grimsby V Chessie final with a Grimsby win.

Quote Originally Posted by Frigiliana Pie 1 View Post
    Would be my prediction too.

I'd love to see Neal Ardley get Solihull promoted because he's a genuinely top bloke and it's nice to see good people succeed, but if Wrexham play to their potential there's no other team in the National League that can touch them, as they proved in beating Stockport the other week. That's a big 'if' though, because there's a lot of pressure and expectation on Wrexham for that very reason.

The Wrexham v Grimsby first half is entertaining. Wrexham took the lead with a soft penalty but 30 seconds later Grimsby equalised with a cracker from McAtee. It's a full blooded affair, a disallowed goal, bookings and played at a quick pace.

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast