+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Well Done Grimsby

On the face of it, this makes next season bloomin hard work, but time will tell.

Quote Originally Posted by CheltenhamPie View Post
    With respect, you have no idea whether Wrexham will “spend big” or whether the owners may lose interest. Until we have seen who may stay with Notts and who has been recruited, and of course, not forgetting we are await the name of our new manager/coach, you are in no position to write next season off.
    Not writing off the season but automatic will be extremely tricky if Wrexham decide to go for it again and even you must accept that?

I'd like to see Sousa, Fox and Taylor at Notts - playing for Notts that is as I know I saw them at Notts on Monday

Quote Originally Posted by Robertomac View Post
    I'd like to see Sousa, Fox and Taylor at Notts - playing for Notts that is as I know I saw them at Notts on Monday
    Don't think k they would want to leave if they were to get promotion.
    I'm not of the same opinion as others regarding Wrexham.
    There was pressure on them to get auto this year and it will be even worse next year.
    They have been very inconsistent this year a had we got through last Monday, playing Wrexham was not a game I feared.
    Let's wait and see how our close season pans out.

Quote Originally Posted by PTID1862 View Post
    On the face of it, this makes next season bloomin hard work, but time will tell.
    Unless something drastic changes, we'll finish below both Wrexham and Grimsby (if they're still here) next season.

Well done to Grimsby though. To come through two extra times within a week, scoring in the last minute of both, that shows real character and grit - two things you can't quantify with data, eh.

Quote Originally Posted by slack_pie View Post
    Unless something drastic changes, we'll finish below both Wrexham and Grimsby (if they're still here) next season.

If we go down the ''cheap and cheerful'' route again, I suspect we most probably will.

I saw the Grimsby fan celebrating and shouted out 'it should've been me, oh oh it should've been me , county how could you do this to me

I recall our resident statistician mr og suggesting fox last summer…. Seems Grimsby agreed.

Quote Originally Posted by slack_pie View Post
    Nobody knows that, Wrexham were favourites this season but missed out. We don't know which players will be leaving certain clubs or who they will sign. Chesterfield looked certain for promotion until they lost
    Tshimanga and their manager many strange things happen during a season.
    If we can hang onto our best players and sign good ones and appoint a decent manager who knows.
    Some fans are writing next season off before it starts.
    Last edited by SwalePie; 29-05-2022 at 09:33 AM. Reason: Fixed quote code error

Fox, yes please.
    Sousa played well against us but was largely anonymous yesterday. If I had the choice of Sousa or Cal, I know which I would prefer.
    Taylor, I don’t see why. He’s OK. He is second choice behind McAtee, who is a fabulous centre forward at this level.
    The reality is they are 3 players that are key to the way Grimsby play.
    Another player that would be unrealistic to sign from Grimsby is their skipper, Waterfall. A heart on the sleeve defender. A presence in both boxes. A leader.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast