+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Well Done Grimsby

Quote Originally Posted by slack_pie View Post
    Unless something drastic changes, we'll finish below both Wrexham and Grimsby (if they're still here) next season.

Well done to Grimsby though. To come through two extra times within a week, scoring in the last minute of both, that shows real character and grit - two things you can't quantify with data, eh.
    Yeah how many late winners have we scored this season, the one at Grimsby, can’t think of any others?

The more I think about it, the more I’m glad Burchnall’s f00ked off tbh.

Quote Originally Posted by BigFatPie View Post
    Yeah how many late winners have we scored this season, the one at Grimsby, can’t think of any others?

I was just wondering yesterday how the league table would have looked if our games had finished at 80 minutes. I remember the late goals at Grimsby and home to Yeovil, but we seemed to concede quite a few more (Grimsby x 2, Chesterfield, Halifax, Solihull, the collapse at Torquay...).

Quote Originally Posted by nw6pie View Post
    I was just wondering yesterday how the league table would have looked if our games had finished at 80 minutes. I remember the late goals at Grimsby and home to Yeovil, but we seemed to concede quite a few more (Grimsby x 2, Chesterfield, Halifax, Solihull, the collapse at Torquay...).
    The way we were blowing out of our arses at home to Chesterfield as well as the other night suggest fitness may have been an issue as well as our bottle.

The way we were blowing out of our arses at home to Chesterfield as well as the other night suggest fitness may have been an issue as well as our bottle.
    A very good point. I think Notts lacked fitness too. I would guess IB concentrated on passing technique and formation far more than old fashioned leg work.
    I think bottle and fitness go hand in hand. When you're knackered your determination drains away too.

Absolutely i thought thanks for leaving IB

I see Sousa has been released by Grimsby, would definitely have him here based on reports.

Quote Originally Posted by BCnotts18 View Post
    I see Sousa has been released by Grimsby, would definitely have him here based on reports.
    Certainly had one of his better games in the play off win over us.

Quote Originally Posted by ncfcog View Post
    Certainly had one of his better games in the play off win over us.
    Inconsistent according to Grimsby fans.

Quote Originally Posted by i961pie View Post
    Inconsistent according to Grimsby fans.
    I’d say that is probably a fair assessment, mind you he wouldn’t be on his own in being inconsistent at this level.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234