+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: O/T:- NBA Finals (FAO at least Notts78)

O/T:- NBA Finals (FAO at least Notts78)

Starts tonight.

Boston Celtics at Golden State Warriors. Will it be competitive? We might know by about HT tonight.

For me, it looks like being another disastrous outcome to a year's investment in following sport. Don't much care for the Celtics but I'll be hoping they can do it. I highly doubt it though. Warriors in 5.
    Last edited by SwalePie; 02-06-2022 at 06:12 PM. Reason: Fixed off topic prefix

Quote Originally Posted by the_anticlough View Post
    Starts tonight.

Boston Celtics at Golden State Warriors. Will it be competitive? We might know by about HT tonight.

For me, it looks like being another disastrous outcome to a year's investment in following sport. Don't much care for the Celtics but I'll be hoping they can do it. I highly doubt it though. Warriors in 5.
    As a Heat fan I’m gutted. I can’t see past Warriors in this though. The West is stronger than the East at the moment and that will show in the next 2 weeks or so.

Quote Originally Posted by Notts78 View Post
    As a Heat fan I’m gutted. I can’t see past Warriors in this though. The West is stronger than the East at the moment and that will show in the next 2 weeks or so.
    Heat v Celtics was one weird Conference finals. Butler had a shot to win it at the end!

I hope Celtics can find a way to steal this first game, make a series of it. We'll see what it looks like in about 5 hrs time.

Heat v Celtics was one weird Conference finals. Butler had a shot to win it at the end!

I hope Celtics can find a way to steal this first game, make a series of it. We'll see what it looks like in about 5 hrs time.
    Massively weird. Most games were decided by a one bad/good 1/4.

Massively weird. Most games were decided by a one bad/good 1/4.
    Like what happened just now 40-16 Boston in 4Q, and that includes garbage time pts for GSW. Stunning, cos the game looked lost at end of 3rd.

Like what happened just now 40-16 Boston in 4Q, and that includes garbage time pts for GSW. Stunning, cos the game looked lost at end of 3rd.
    Crazy. Fair play to Boston for stopping that GSW offence. I guess that’s why they are number one in defence, but still, that Q4 display was next level.
    Sets up the series nicely and shows that home court is not an advantage.

Crazy. Fair play to Boston for stopping that GSW offence. I guess that’s why they are number one in defence, but still, that Q4 display was next level.
    Sets up the series nicely and shows that home court is not an advantage.
    So 2-2. Terrible execution down the stretch by Boston, can't say they didn't have their chances.

Still, would've taken 2-2 before the start of the series. But advantage Golden State again?

So 2-2. Terrible execution down the stretch by Boston, can't say they didn't have their chances.

Still, would've taken 2-2 before the start of the series. But advantage Golden State again?

You’d think so. However, this Boston side finds a way. Both teams have had moments and home court advantage doesn’t appear to be significant. It’s a closer series than I thought it would be, which makes it exciting.

You’d think so. However, this Boston side finds a way. Both teams have had moments and home court advantage doesn’t appear to be significant. It’s a closer series than I thought it would be, which makes it exciting.
    Yeah, they're taxing them, like Toronto did.
    Personally, I think Game 5 can be pencilled in, but I'd bet on Boston getting Game 6. A very good watch as you say.