+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Mansfield V Port Vale

Quote Originally Posted by marky View Post
    Last time they lost in the play offs 3 years ago to Newport they sacked Flitcroft and got themselves in a right mess under whoever it was they appointed can't remember although I seem to think he came from Bristol Rovers for some reason. They get small crowds they can't really afford to go into League One, I mean look at their ground it's a mess.
    Oh dear. lets hope Florist do equally as well.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/live/football/60572961

Now that Exeter have gone up, Stags and Newport will be the joint longest serving members of League Two, with next season being their 10th consecutive. Rochdale once did 36 consecutive seasons at that level.

Wrexham, not surprisingly, are the longest serving 5th tier club, next season will be their 15th. Aldershot 2nd longest with 10, Eastleigh 3rd with 9.

If Fword lose tomorrow they will be the longest serving 2nd tier side, 15 seasons with 2022/23, Derby being relegated after 14 seasons.

Wow, and here's me thinking it was only ever on NCM!!!

https://www.stagsnet.net/phpBB3/view...40235&start=50

With Mansfailed and Grimsby both losing that's yours Saturday night all planned out Gump

Enjoy#5mins

Quote Originally Posted by marky View Post
    Last time they lost in the play offs 3 years ago to Newport they sacked Flitcroft and got themselves in a right mess under whoever it was they appointed can't remember although I seem to think he came from Bristol Rovers for some reason. They get small crowds they can't really afford to go into League One, I mean look at their ground it's a mess.
    The Flitcroft situation was slightly different. As I remember, they blew automatic on the last day after being up there most of the season. This season they sneaked into 7th.

I don't think Radford would be stupid enough to sack Clough. In fact, I think they'll be among the favourites for automatic next season - but then that's been the case for the last five years or so.

Their owner has pumped in a tonne of money over the last five years or so. Nothing to show for it so far. At least they didn't get relegated, like we did.

Quote Originally Posted by countygump View Post
    Wow, and here's me thinking it was only ever on NCM!!!

https://www.stagsnet.net/phpBB3/view...40235&start=50
    Funny reading that stuff. We all know the long trip back is a bugger after a defeat. Will be interesting to see what they do now.
    Playoffs are a real gamble.
    For us, it’s about time 3 went up. Let’s be honest, bigger clubs at our level now than some of L2.

I do like a good stags meltdown though!

Quote Originally Posted by laddo View Post
    With Mansfailed and Grimsby both losing that's yours Saturday night all planned out Gump

Enjoy#5mins

Well spotted.

Quote Originally Posted by slack_pie View Post

I don't think Radford would be stupid enough to sack Clough. In fact, I think they'll be among the favourites for automatic next season - but then that's been the case for the last five years or so.
    Based on a table of the last 32 league games, Mansfield would be champions.

They got done by that 12 match run early in the season without a single win.

Quote Originally Posted by upthemaggies View Post
    Based on a table of the last 32 league games, Mansfield would be champions.

They got done by that 12 match run early in the season without a single win.
    Yeah, they were second bottom at one point. Weird season for them.

They'll do fine if they stick with Clough.

Quote Originally Posted by laddo View Post

Enjoy#5mins
    I think that was aimed at me rather than gump, although I didn't realise Grimsby had lost. Imagine their disappointment when they get home and click on the score.

When I get time a bit later I will be paying a visit to both Stagsnet and Red Passion, and I think I'll need to allow a bit more than 5 minutes on this special occasion!

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast