+ Visit Crewe Alexandra FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Congrats Port Vale

Congrats Port Vale

Congratulations to Port Vale. Roller coaster season for them, that has ultimately ended un success. Hopefully it'll be us celebrating this time next year.

Quote Originally Posted by Armchair General View Post
    Congratulations to Port Vale. Roller coaster season for them, that has ultimately ended un success. Hopefully it'll be us celebrating this time next year.
    I'll second that, not bitter. Just a shame that we have missed out on two money spinning games against Vale and Wrexham, they are pretty hard to come by in the second division.

Quote Originally Posted by MeForCrewe View Post
    I'll second that, not bitter. Just a shame that we have missed out on two money spinning games against Vale and Wrexham, they are pretty hard to come by in the second division.
    I agree I too was looking forward to playing Vale and Wrexham again so it was all a little disappointing, but fair play, hopefully we can build a team that can compete to wards the top of league 2, but I think I would be happy for us to finish in mid table next season.

At least we have Stockport and Tranmere!

And Bradford!
    I was extremely disappointed that Vale have gone up while we have gone down. However, the above noble sentiments have made me grasp a greater perspective and so I repeat: "Congrats to Vale. Look forward to meeting and beating you in 23/24!".

As the resident bi Vale Alex supporter and on behalf of The Vale thank you for you comments much appreciated.

Division 2 has changed and is awash with money, Salford and Stockport will spend silly money probably Tranmere and Bradford as well.

The division is a battle in every game with some teams Barrow and Harrogate to name 2 play the game like it is stuck in the 70's.

I wanted Artell out and I still think the lack of positive action cost the Alex however there seems to be a better understanding of whats required it will be a scrap and if we can finish in the top 10 it will be a successful season.

Finally if McKirdy is still with Swindle join me in giving him a warm welcome (The Cretin ) without his social media tweets that were put up on the dressing room wall we might not have made it.