+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: O/T:- Liverpool fans at it again

Quote Originally Posted by Magpies1959 View Post
    EP I am worried for you mental health
    I think that says more about you than it does about me.

Reporters there all blaming the police and poor organisation, one being pepper sprayed, but there are videos apparently showing Liverpool fans climbing over fences to get in and one of the TV presenters mentioned fans breaking into the media area and the media people having to be locked in for their safety.
    Perhaps the most dangerous time is now, as they all exit the ground having lost and the French Police wound up and ready to wade in,

Also video of Madrid fans climbing gates.

One journo said locals trying to get in.

Liverpool aren't well liked and when MOST UK journos are saying it wasnt them you know organisation has messed up.

Lineker tweeted it was a farce he was outside 2 hours before.

Elite is right there are a few Boris types commenting lets not forget all the gammons at Euro 2021 charging in during covid
    Last edited by SwalePie; 29-05-2022 at 09:43 AM. Reason: Fixed typos for you

Quote Originally Posted by legs77 View Post
    Also video of Madrid fans climbing gates.

One journo said locals trying to get in.

Liverpool arent well liked and when MOST UK journos are saying it wasnt them you know organisation has messed up.

Lineker tweeted it was a farce he was outside 2 hours before.

Elite is right there is a few Boris types commenting lets not forget all the gammons at Euro 2021 charging in during covid
    I haven't seen any of what happened, I've just read a few news reports. Most if not all suggest that the organisation was shambolic, but the thread title seems to specifically blame Liverpool fans.

I'm sure there will be an inquiry, so I'll wait for that.

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    I haven't seen any of what happened, I've just read a few news reports. Most if not all suggest that the organisation was shambolic, but the thread title seems to specifically blame Liverpool fans.

I'm sure there will be an inquiry, so I'll wait for that.
    Ive seen a few things and when established people like Lineker and UK Journos with no link to Merseyside say it I believe them.

I think organisation has gone wrong and blamed it on fans as it is the easy thing to do.

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    True, as many extensive enquiries have shown, the police and the authorities were at fault for the awful events that day.
    As I was once a 'red', I had many friends who went that day. The practice of Liverpool fans prior to that game to gain entry when they didn't have tickets was used at Hillsborough and definitely contributed to the events that followed. Added to that the amount of alcohol that was consumed prior to kick off on such a hot, sunny day didn't help either.
    Unfortunately the vast majority of those that died were definitely innocent of any illdoing, but those 'fans' that tried to force entry into the ground have got away scot-free while history has been rewritten to blame the 'establishment'.

Quote Originally Posted by PTID1862 View Post
    The responsibility for that day and the horrendous events and loss of life, lies squarely at the door of the match day policing and commander.
    Absolute rubbish. But we move on. Unfortunately it looks like many Liverpool fans have forgotten.

Quote Originally Posted by legs77 View Post
    Ive seen a few things and when established people like Lineker and UK Journos with no link to Merseyside say it I believe them.

I think organisation has gone wrong and blamed it on fans as it is the easy thing to do.
    I don't think they'd be in work much if they said any different.

Quote Originally Posted by Lullapie View Post
    I don't think they'd be in work much if they said any different.
    They would look very stupid to be lying as there will be plenty of videos.

You cant sweep things under the carpet as easily now.
    Last edited by SwalePie; 29-05-2022 at 09:45 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by CamPie View Post
    It sounds to me like it is terrible organisation outside the ground and on the routes to the ground. Why do you assume it is the fault of the fans? Heisel was yes (on both sides), Hillsborough has overwhelmingly been proven to be predominantly the fault of the authorities and management of the stadium and event.
    Reporters at the ground said last night it was security's fault, opening and closing gates for an hour and a half but not letting anyone in, Liverpool supporters standing back to let them open the gates but then not letting anyone in and apparently they weren't letting people in some gates till 9pm French time at the earliest. Oh and pepper spraying fans and reporters alike. Looks like piss poor organisation but the scouser will get the blame and English fans.
    Last edited by SwalePie; 29-05-2022 at 09:49 AM.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast